See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 15, 2017

Last year, I stayed twice at Albergo Paradiso. One stay was for a decent spot of time because of research I'm doing in the area, and I could not have asked for more. The hosts, Marco and Gerry, are kind, helpful, professional, and flexible, and they can brag that Marco, a native to the area, speaks English and Gerry, from Scotland, speaks Italian. That fact is great for people who are trying to get a handle on Italian as they travel because the hosts can speak to you in either language fluently! More importantly, the hoteliers will do just about anything for you if you just ask. IIf I had a request, they bent over backwards to accommodate. One night I had to arrive back at my room very very late, and yet they ensured I had food waiting for me so I would not go without dinner. It's hard to describe how taken care of you feel when, after a long day in the field, you arrive back to your hotel to discover local fare and a glass of wine waiting for you.
I took half-board and could not believe how good and fresh the meals were. The price of the stay and board should make it a proverbial no-brainer. I felt embarrassed eating as well as I did for so little--and the food is local and fresh.
The hotel is set back with hiking trails right out the back door, and the rooms are clean and very, very spacious---unlike most places in Italy. It's a traditional hotel, high on charm, and the owners clearly take pride in their business and trying to satisfy customers. I note one review says there is not an elevator, but there is one and I used it, so I can confirm it's existence and functionality! There is no carpeting in the rooms. They are instead tile, and they are swept and mopped every day. Bathroom was cleaned thoroughly daily, and during the cooler months when I stayed the heaters kept things at just the right temperature. The people the owners hire to cook, clean, and tend to guests seem to be top notch--friendly and attentive and clearly well trained. I get the feeling neither Gerry nor Marco would tolerate half-effort from their staff.
The point is, after a long stay with them in the summer, I returned to stay again in the fall (2016) because I couldn't imagine having a better situation in the area. For me, the place is certainly paradise.

Room tip: Open the patio doors for a nice breeze during an afternoon nap!
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Roger T
Reviewed June 10, 2016

We entirely enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is fascinating, with antiques and things scattered about. The host and hostess were outstanding, they took great care of us.

Rooms were fine, although there is no elevator for the upper floors.

Wifi was excellent, showers were good.

We ate all of our dinners there. Each evening the hostess would tell us what was on the menu for the following night, and she offered alternatives for those who were vegetarian. Some in our group became "part time vegetarians" because those dishes sounded so good. All of the food was excellent, better than many restaurants I've eaten at in Italy. Very abundant portions as well.

The only negative I would add would be that the breakfasts were not great. A croissant (fresh) for each person, then the options were poor. Fruit wasn't great (hard to find something that was ripe enough to eat), bread and cakes were dried out, and there weren't a lot of other options.

I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2015

I had the opportunity of staying at the Paradiso in September when the weather was lovely. A bit of walking and a bit of rest.
From the moment you arrive at Paradiso you feel at home. Marco and Gerry are so welcoming and knowledgable of the area. Whether you are there to just relax on the deck and read or trek up the mountains to see the local flora and fauna this is the place to stay.
Food is excellent. They will accommodate any diets, even those who don't eat meat. Although there is a set menu if you can't eat anything on it they offer something else.
Rooms are very comfortable and cleaned daily.
Staff are very friendly and eager to help you enjoy your stay.
Gerry is particularly great with the kids. She keeps them going.
I will definitely be staying here again.

Room tip: All rooms are good however the ones at the back of hotel have a wee baloney where you can sit and watch the world go by.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2015

Having read previous reviews we had high hopes for this place. On arrival we went to check in only to be greeted by a rude receptionist. Whilst dealing with us the telephone rang and she picked it up and proceeded to have a 10 minute conversation! Perhaps they need more staff. Eventually we got to our room - it stank of stale cigarette smoke and was rather shabby. The toilet seat was broken and the hairdryer too. It was not a comfortable stay and the place was not at all friendly. We made sure we stayed out all day and ate in the town on both evenings. Breakfast was poor - coffee from a vending machine is not acceptable. On our second morning we left at 7.15am (we had told them the night before) but not a staff member to be seen. Very disappointing!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HuxleyHove
Reviewed October 8, 2014

A very warm welcome from this family hotel, with a cup of tea/coffee on arrival - a very nice touch!
The hotel was set in woodland, an easy 2 minute drive out of Pescasseroli.
The communal lounge area was lovely - a nice big fireplace which was lit every evening (it was early October and a gloomy, rainy couple of days, so this was very welcome).
The family could not have done enough to help us, including taking our laundry down to the local launderette.
We ate at the hotel one evening, and the dinner was reasonably priced and very nice.
The only down side was that the bedroom was a bit austere and gloomy, but as the downstairs lounge was so nice, this didn't matter too much.

Date of stay: October 2014