“New Hotel in quiet location, Average rooms”

Joondalup City Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Joondalup
Liverpool, Australia
“New Hotel in quiet location, Average rooms”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Medium sized "executive" rooms were $189.00 and only had a firm Double Bed. Nice pillows thou. New 32" LCD TV with foxtel but only a single lounge chair to watch it from. Bathroom was a great size and well laid out. Shower was great. Restaurant was well priced with the food being good. The $5 dessert is well worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Brad290

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was recently on business for a couple of weeks north of Perth so the location of this hotel suited my needs. The rooms were your basic hotel room, but I have to say that the double bed was VERY comfortable.

The reception staff was very helpful and courteous and helped with any requests I had. The cleaning staff did a wonderful job and my room was fresh and clean each day.

What I loved:
The double bed was very comfortable
The shower was one of the best showers I've had in any hotel I recently stayed in. Lots of pressure and lots of hot water.
The location was walking distance to restaurants and the Joondalup shopping mall.

Tips:
The reception staff leaves at 8:00 pm so I would advise you to carry two keys with you at all times in case one gets lost. Otherwise you're locked out of your room and hotel. There is an "after hours" caretaker number, but if your locked out of the hotel, you're hooped.

You have to prepay your internet at the front desk. ( I think its 3 hours / 1 day or 3 day time packages. Mine ran out after 8pm so I was stuck with no internet until next morning when reception came back in. My advise is that you pay for a second "code" so if yours runs out after 8pm , you have the second code you can enter.

I will recommend this hotel to any business traveler , and will definitely come back here if I'm sent back to work North of Perth again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Rick Z
Perth
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at Joondalup City Hotel for 2 nights. At $200 a night (not cheap for Perth) we had a basic room which is just what we needed as we were out and about all day and only needing the place at night to sleep. Room was fine, Double Bed, TV, coffee making facilities, mini bar table and chair, and bathroom with a big shower. Must say we are use to paying $200 to stay at places with beach views or resort facilities so was a little expensive but did the job.
Parking was at the rear, and had no problems finding the place.
Small recpetion area where we checked in. On check out we had to let them know that our dvd got stuck in the dvd player and the remote to operate the dvd player was a complete different brand and wouldnt work, or the buttons on the dvd player. They came up staright away whilst checking out and somehow got it out and were on to seeing where the remote is.

Room Tip: Basic City get away
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HeidiandKeith26
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I don't think I've ever been to a hotel that was so hard to find! My Garmin GPS couldn't find Grand Boulevard so looked this address up on Google Maps instead and no, this isn't a product placement review! Just that this hotel is on the corner and hard to spot from the street!

Once I found the parking at the rear, I was OK though and George, the manager there was hlpful and friendly.

Joondalup is around 40 minutes drive from Perth Airport and when I arrived there in the afternoon, it was a pleasant event-free drive but be warned, the traffic back to eh airport in the morning, even at 5.30am was horrendous! Such is the downside of living in the burbs of a big city I guess!

Joondalup to me, seemed to be like a film set! All the buildings looked the same, how does anyone find their way home? The streets are wide and clean and has a huge shopping mall albeit sparsely populated with shopper but I may have just gone there at a quiet time?

The hotel itself has smallish rooms but fine for a night or two. I'm not that enthused about the LED lighting in the corridors though even though they're energy saving, they emit so little light that the corridor feels gloomy and creepy but maybe I've seen too many movies!

There was also a LED light in the bathroom and this flickered incessently which was a bit annoying but I was only there a night so didn't report this.

The hotel is pretty new and had a restaurant on teh ground floor where I had a surf and turf dinner for $33 which I thought was pretty good value and tasty. The ice cream dessert was only $5 and more than I could finish.

I wasn't there for long enough to look around to see where all the people were but it's a pleasant enough place but don't expect much activity there, it's pretty deseerted but good if you like peaceful, quiet places

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My stay was a one night stop but the room was nice and fixtures and fittings modern and well cared for. Bathroom was nice, clean and well stocked with accessories a tired traveller needs.
Parking was good (at rear) and a nice restaurant just 2 mins walk up the road.
Great place for business travellers. Pleased to recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Blahnii
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone! My friends and I stayed here last year We booked 1 room for $200 and when we got to our room we found that the toilet would not flush and a light in the bathroom was not working. We reported these problems and were told they would be seen to while we were out for the afternoon and night. Upon our return we found that nothing had been fixed but as it was late, the front desk was closed. When we checked out the next morning we again told the person serving us that our toilet and light were not working and if it was possible for us to get a part refund on our stay. We were told "no, we cannot do that"! We were not even given an apology for the inconvenience that it caused us and to add insult, we were apparently served by the hotel MANAGER!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank JessFF86

Travelers are raving about these Joondalup hotels

Perth - Western Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2012

There is not much in accommodation (hotels) to choose from in the Joondalup area, we found this hotel to be clean and well run, but expensive for what it had to offer. We stayed on a Saturday night, and was told upon arrival that the restaurant was closed that evening. Staff were polite, but not friendly. Recommend only due to cleanliness and a little cheaper than the resort.

Room Tip: We were told that Queen beds only were available at this hotel, no singles.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joondalup
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
#3 of 6 in Scarborough
Joondalup Resort
Joondalup Resort
#1 of 1 in Connolly

Been to Joondalup City Hotel? Share your experiences!