“Not as delicious as it once was....au revior”

Sugar & Spice Patisserie
Ranked #3 of 3 Bakeries in Joondalup
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Australia
“Not as delicious as it once was....au revior”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

How disappointing that this once favourite patisserie has lost its groove?
The chicken pies that we used to drive from Perth to Joondalup to indulge in are no longer the same, and are certainly not worth the drive. What used to be buttery pastry and chunks of chicken have been reduced to a standard bakery pie.
The inviting warm French vibe of the shop has vanished, and the cakes no longer have that "wow" factor for your taste buds that transported you back to your holiday in France.
I couldn't work out why one of my favourite patisseries in Perth had changed so much until I read the other reviews of the change of ownership and everything fell into place. If you desperate to relive your Parisian indulgences best try Pierre Sancho's.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Nonny16

“Soul gone. New owners”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Four groups in for lunch. No smiles, music or personality anymore. Just another coffee shop now. Kids said the pastry tasted metallic and the forgot my coffee...no care.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Junior_Tracker
“And all things nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

You really are spoilt for choice here. A sweet tooths dream place! Good coffee, great service. Even the savoury food here is delish!

Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
“Not only changed ownership............”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

This place used to be really good but having bought a couple of birthdays cakes recently and been in for a coffee and cake, we probably won't be coming back. One of the cakes we purchased was very average with a large price tag and the other was quite nice.

The coffee we had on this occasion was well made and the cake was quite good but not yummy to make to us rush back.

The thing which we least liked was the service and the rubbish around in the outdoor area. There were dirty tables and serviettes littered around on the floor. It wasn't busy so there was no excuse to not find the time to clean up. The young girls who served us just didn't want to be there.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank PinkDiamondKT
“Invisible Customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

On Tuesday afternoon, 29th Jan 13, I entered this shop with a view to purchasing a Birthday cake. I viewed the cake display and after making my choice, approached the counter. The dark haired Barista was making the one and only other customer in the shop a coffee. He noticed me standing there and made no aknowledgement of my presence, after a couple of minutes went to the entrance to the bakery area and called out "shop". Acouple of minutes later, the Manager of the shop, a tall slim woman appeared at the entrance into the service area. She looked directly at me, then walked away. The Barista then came to the counter and mentioed something about the size of coffee TA cups, and still seeing me there, did not acknowledge me. The Manager then came out, past the till to the cabinet and took away empty plates from the cabinet, all the while seeing that I was still standing there. Still no, "someone will be with you in a moment etc" acknowledgement. After being ignored, for several minutes, I decided to take my business elsewhere. I did not realise I was invisible!
I purchased a very nice moist chocolate Birthday cake from Pat A Cake at Kinross, after excellent customer service, for $11 instead of a $35 Birthday cake from a Patisserie which clearly demonstrated to me that their customers are not so important after all!

• Visited January 2013