“love at first sight”
Review of Himara Hostel

Himara Hostel
Ranked #1 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Himare
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was travelling around Albania since few days when I arrive at Himara Hostel, and as it was for the albanian landscapes me and the friends I was travelling with, we totally felt in love with this place. From the beautiful white e blue full of light room where we slept to the breakfast with ficus from the trees, to the good ice coffee when we were caming back from the beach to the last beer during the night between the relaxing amacas in the garden, here everything seems to be quite and full of peace.
This family really makes you feel like if you are in a special place, we stayed there just two days but all of us still bring it inside our memories about Albania.
Once again, thanks Himara Hostel :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Himara Hostel is one of the best places I went in Albania. I meant to go for just a day or so as a side trip from the larger town of Saranda, but I ended up staying for....I don't actually know, but I could have stayed for months! It is such a great place and the hosts, Egda and Milto, make it feel like you are staying with good friends.

The hostel itself is beautiful with hanging vines and comfy hammocks, and it has a great little outdoor bar where you can have a coffee in the morning and a beer in the evening. Milto might make some of his awesome fries while you are there too! The rooms are on the upper level and are super comfy. Plus the views are outstanding!

The town of Himara itself is very cute and has a few restaurants right on the beach. Milton and Egda also took us to other nearby beaches with amazing views over the Adriatic and its dazzling blue waters. It was even warm enough that we could go swimming even though it was October!

I can't recommend Himara Hostel enough!! It was fantastic! Everyone should go!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The best place to feel at home :-)
Nice place,very clean and very helpful staff. Comfortable rooms, well-equipped kitchen and a beautiful garden where we can pass the evening. The best thing is the possibility of double rooms also with en-suite bathroom, and comfortable for those who do not want to share the room and bathroom with strangers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

well, i had many years that i didn't went to Himara for vacations, but from last summer i will go more often!! Himara Hostel its a really great place and with a great company, in the south of Albania, with a beautiful and a traditional architecture and with a nice garden . if you look around you will always find something that will get your attention, the handmade things, photos, children games or, of course, the dog(s) :P

hugs from Tirana
Matilda

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went backpacking with my girlfriend around Turkey, Greece and Albania last summer and finished at Himarë before flying home from Corfu. This was, without doubt, the best hostel I stayed in throughout those 8-9 weeks. Egda and Milto and were so welcoming and hospitable that we only wished we'd got there sooner. The hostel itself is beautifully furnished and has a bar which is perfect for Frappés in the morning and homemade Raki in the evening. The rooms are spacious, unlike most other hostels where every square inch of floor space is taken up by bunk beds. There is a large kitchen available, or you can take a short walk to the beachfront restaurants serving up excellent Greek dishes. Himaré was undoubtedly my highlight of Albania not simply because of its beauty and slow pace of life but also because we felt so welcome there. I would return there in an instant and hope to do so one day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This has got to be one the best hostels in the world.
Great location on a quiet street but still right in the centre, really beautiful surroundings and rooms. Edga and Milto are absolute legends.They took us to some great places (for free) so we saw loads of the cool stuff surrounding Himara. Friends for life! We nearly missed our flight from Corfu because we couldn't bring ourselves to leave "we will leave tomorrow" became the joke of the hostel; another guy from the US had the same problem.

The icing on the cake was that there were TWO puppies AND a kitten. Himara Hostel for the win!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Last year I travelled for many days in Southern Albania, moving from one coastal area to the other and staying at various accomodations. When I ended up at the Himara Hostel, I just loved it - I had found my favourite summer destination. The internationally-minded hosts have taken a local approach in making the Himara Hostel, a place where people can enjoy a countryside feeling, from the rustic interior design to the freshly made food from the garden, the seaside activities and a great socialising atmosphere. The beach is just 5 minutes away and Himara is a lovely town to spend your vocations - you can enjoy both some of the most beautiful coastal destinations in Albania and get a feeling of the southern Albanian culture, food and traditions. The Himara Hostel has just such a good vibe - my stay there was wonderful. I already know where I am going next summer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elvie M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Himare
Rondos Hotel
#4 of 43 in Himare
Beleri House
Beleri House
#1 of 43 in Himare

Been to Himara Hostel? Share your experiences!