“Good value”

Rapo's Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 43 Himare B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel is perhaps the best you will find in Himare. A little bit overpriced for the region but if you need some western standard its worth. Standard rooms with sea view (small balcony) are available for 70€ per night (End of May 2012), the price is probably higher in the main season. Towels for the pool (clean) and pool chairs are included.
Food is ok if you prefer Italian style cuisine. You will not find local food. Staff is friendly and speaks English/Italian. All in all not a bad hotel, little bit expensive for the region but in comparison to the rest in Himare the only choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We spent two nights in winter there - as the only guests in the hotel and paying a very reasonable amount of less than 50 EUR per night. The staff spoke some words of english (what was more than we had expected), we were offered a very nice breakfast including omelette. The rooms themselves are modern, have a beautiful view to the seafront, good beds and a well stuffed mini-bar. The staff was extremely friendly and caring. The restaurant is closed in winter, but several restaurants are in walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bocksen
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The hotel room was nice and very clean.
The swimming pool was excellent, and so the beach near by.
The staff was OK, but nobody informed me that if I pay with a credit card I will be charged 3% more.
By the swimming pool to see baby diapers was a bit annoying...
The bar is very OK and the staff there friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was jut OK.. not a 5 start standard anyway.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

i enjoyed very much hotel has very nice view,it is a modern one. People working in hotel very very nice and friendly.professional people. I enjoyed evry minute even my son son wanted to extend more but our time was limited and i was there for 6days 23-28 aug 2011 it is worth coming here and you are close to everything

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank kantozi
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is my first time to go to Albania and I was thrilled pleasant and kind people. The villagers told us for this hotel and when we sow we liked it. I didnt know for that place ( Himare) but my friends say that it's nice. The sea is clean and near. I dont like the way to the sea but I hope that they to do it very soon.My friend and me was the only Serb in the hotel and we didnt had a problem :) The waiters are professional and courteous. More expensive than other hotels in Albania but services is on a much higher level.I recommend this hotel. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarijaCvet
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stayed here with friends while traveling through Albania. While this hotel at first appearance is a luxury hotel, it lacks the amenities and service of a luxury hotel in this high price range. We were in a suite that was well-sized. The bedroom was more luxurious, but the sitting area was lacking. The lighting was very dim and fluorescent and the fold-out bed was very uncomfortable. The staff at the hotel restaurant was very nice and helpful and the food was good. The front desk staff, on the other hand, was not particularly friendly and we waited a long time for service. The views of Himare from the balcony were wonderful and the swimming pool/bar area is very well-designed. I would recommend this hotel, but I do think for the price, management should make some improvements if the hotel is to be considered a luxury hotel by standards throughout Europe and the US.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2011

South Albania, in general, is a revelation. Not for nothing it has been listed as #1 country to visit in 2011 by Lonely planet. We spent 3 days (2 nights) between Butrint (UNESCO World Heritage site) and the fantastic beaches around Himare (50 kms north of Saranda, the port from where you can travel to and from Corfu). Llaman and Jale beaches are some of the most spectacular I have ever seen in this world, with fashionable, modern facilities to boot. Oh, and we stayed and lovely Rapo's which is quite expensive for Albanian standards but by far the best hotel on the coast. great seaviews from every room, enormous pool with a nice garden and an excellent if somewhat pricy restaurant. This is not a true 5-star but plenty comfortable and very well located.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple