“It was an add value in my holidays”

Rapo's Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 40 Himare B&B and Inns
“It was an add value in my holidays”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

i enjoyed very much hotel has very nice view,it is a modern one. People working in hotel very very nice and friendly.professional people. I enjoyed evry minute even my son son wanted to extend more but our time was limited and i was there for 6days 23-28 aug 2011 it is worth coming here and you are close to everything

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank kantozi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Leskovac,Serbia
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is my first time to go to Albania and I was thrilled pleasant and kind people. The villagers told us for this hotel and when we sow we liked it. I didnt know for that place ( Himare) but my friends say that it's nice. The sea is clean and near. I dont like the way to the sea but I hope that they to do it very soon.My friend and me was the only Serb in the hotel and we didnt had a problem :) The waiters are professional and courteous. More expensive than other hotels in Albania but services is on a much higher level.I recommend this hotel. :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarijaCvet
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stayed here with friends while traveling through Albania. While this hotel at first appearance is a luxury hotel, it lacks the amenities and service of a luxury hotel in this high price range. We were in a suite that was well-sized. The bedroom was more luxurious, but the sitting area was lacking. The lighting was very dim and fluorescent and the fold-out bed was very uncomfortable. The staff at the hotel restaurant was very nice and helpful and the food was good. The front desk staff, on the other hand, was not particularly friendly and we waited a long time for service. The views of Himare from the balcony were wonderful and the swimming pool/bar area is very well-designed. I would recommend this hotel, but I do think for the price, management should make some improvements if the hotel is to be considered a luxury hotel by standards throughout Europe and the US.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed August 8, 2011

South Albania, in general, is a revelation. Not for nothing it has been listed as #1 country to visit in 2011 by Lonely planet. We spent 3 days (2 nights) between Butrint (UNESCO World Heritage site) and the fantastic beaches around Himare (50 kms north of Saranda, the port from where you can travel to and from Corfu). Llaman and Jale beaches are some of the most spectacular I have ever seen in this world, with fashionable, modern facilities to boot. Oh, and we stayed and lovely Rapo's which is quite expensive for Albanian standards but by far the best hotel on the coast. great seaviews from every room, enormous pool with a nice garden and an excellent if somewhat pricy restaurant. This is not a true 5-star but plenty comfortable and very well located.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MiMaV
hoover, AL
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed one night at this hotel. Overall it was a decent hotel even by U.S. standards. Defenitely one of the best Albanian hotels. But it definitely was not a 4 Star Hotel, even though it costed more than most 4 Star hotels in U.S. It missed some of the most basic ammenities, like an alarm clock and a phone, the hot water has sporadic, and the toilet did not work. The bar was really good, but quite expensive as well. Other than that it was very clean and comfortable, contrasting with the garbage filled filthy Himara.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stayed here with my couple friends in 3 days, and what I can say is acceptable. At this such price, we can expect more. The room maybe a little smaller than others, but it's kept cleaning and beautifully decorated. The staff were very amiable, too. The best thing I went for in big way is the pool. So blue, big and pretty fresh. I can sunbathe all day here, very pleasure and relax. If I have chance to travel Himare again, Rapo's Resort will be still my stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank davidjoshua
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed as a family – two adults and two children/teenagers at the Hotel Rapos just a little outside the center of Himare – and 300 meters from the see.

The hotel is highly recommendable. The staff is very friendly, the pool is big and a lot over average, the bar is nicely situated close to the pool with a stylish atmosphere and the breakfast is good (but not stun-ning). The rooms are not very big but nice – in a modern style - and the view to the see from the hotel rooms is wonderful.

There were well functioning free wireless access to the internet in the lobby and pool area – not in the rooms.

If I shall mention one disadvantage in relation to the hotel – and this is the only reason for not giving 5 stars to the hotel – then it must be the constantly loud techno-music being played all over the hotel area. I do not understand who likes it – and not at all who likes it 16 hours a day (they did not play during night). The hotel would be much more stylish if they played softer music – or no music at all. By the way, my opinion is shared by my two teenage kids. It is not only me being too old.

But all in all – don’t hesitate to choose Hotel Rapos if you are looking for a modern and friendly high class hotel in Himarë.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank MMODenmark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Himare
Rondos Hotel
Mare Bed & Breakfast Hotel
Karos Hotel
Karos Hotel
#19 of 40 in Himare

Been to Rapo's Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!