“Perfect Day”
Review of The Two Sawyers

The Two Sawyers
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a traditional English village pub. We serve a range of drinks including real ales. We serve good value home made "pub grub" every day. There is a pool table, darts and a traditional bar billiards table. The Two Sawyers is a dog friendly pub.
Reviewed November 15, 2017

We cannot thank Brenda and her team enough for making our wedding day so special. It was a truly amazing day and everyone had such fun. Our wedding was in June and six months on our friends are still talking about it, saying it was one of the best weddings they had been to and what a fantastic job Brenda had done. The food was outstanding and fitted the occasion perfectly. Our guests were greeted with a glass of Pimms, perfect!!! Pictures and a blessing on the green, beautiful setting!! The pub was set up with a traditional wedding feel and looked stunning, exactly what we wanted, and the marque in the garden, which the locals helped to erect, was perfect for our entertainment. The Two Sawyers at Woolage Green is most certainly the epitome of “your local”, it’s warm and welcoming. Thank you so very much Brenda and the girls, you work so very hard, all the time. Also thank you to the locals who helped with making our wedding day so memorable. We would recommend Brenda to anyone for any occasion requiring a caring, elegant and professional touch.

Ian H, Public Relations Manager at The Two Sawyers, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Hi and thank you for your brilliant review. I will alert Brenda to it and I'm sure she will appreciate it. Thanks again
Ian

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Miles from anywhere but good grub and very friendly people,good beer and well worth someone who doesn't drink taking you there.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

The beer was good but the white wine was warm, even after complaining about the wine we got another warm one watered down with ice, rather than opening a fresh, chilled bottle,
We both had grills, one steak and one Mixed, the food was cheaper than other Pubs in the area, but much poorer quality.
we will not be going back.

Ian H, Public Relations Manager at The Two Sawyers, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

We regret that you didn't enjoy your visit and we appreciate you taking the time to give us a critique of your experience. Although your comments are at odds with the majority of reviews, particularly on the quality of the food, they will nontheless be given due consideration.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I have visited this country pub on several occasions whilst visiting friends in the area, the food is some of the best fresh home cooked food I have tasted.
Brenda the landlady and cook is the best for her homemade meals. Sunday roasts are to die for with at least 6 different vegetables on the plate. My favourite is the homemade sticky toffee pudding but I have also had ammereto bread and butter pud which was excellent.
They have a black board with specials on and serving evening meals. This is not a modern pub it is very old and has lots of old character.
If traveling near Dover or Canterbury get off the beaten track you won't be disappointed

Ian H, Public Relations Manager at The Two Sawyers, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thanks for your great review and looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Been here a couple of times and the food was always nice time here to date for Monday lunch and it has all had an upgrade outside and a change of menu and it is fantastic value for money
I had a Jamaican lamb curry which was offered to me that if I was not keen on that the owner would eat it and I can have something else of the menu free of charge my wife had a steak and kidney pudding of which I have not seen the like it was fantastic

1  Thank Brianhamtons