“Mission trip in Lira 2012”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lira
Gracious Palace Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Lira B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Mission trip in Lira 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My team and I stayed at the Gracious Palace Hotel in June of 2012, I found the staff be wonderful and very accommodating, very helpful to each person. We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel and I thought the food was very good, even when we got in late they had dinner warm for us, there was always plenty. The beds where comfortable and I always had plenty of hot water. My room was on the 4th and was very clean. I enjoyed the friendly staff, we had a lot of luggage and they where so willing to help. I would say my time there was excellent!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ricochet53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice on business trips. Both times I have found the staff very friendly. Beds are fairly comfortable.
On the down side, the both times I stayed (on the lower floor towards the end of the corridor) my sleep quality was disturbed by 1. some loud music playing from a small radio which I imagined was the guards radio 2. noise from the generator 3. The guard's heavy footsteps right outside my window 4. The mosquito nets which were a bit too small for the bed. I would opt for the upper floor next time to reduce on noise, and hopefuly the hotel can find bigger nets for the beds. Otherwise a good place to stay at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try the upper floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We just returned from a 4 night stay in Lira. The Gracious Palace is a lovely place to stay. We had hot water every day as well as a cleaned room. The staff was most helpful. The food was wonderful. I would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michele H
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stayed for 7 nights on a business trip, and am booking again right now. To add about the very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and everything that has been mentioned in the first review, I can add that there is also a wireless internet access. If you wish this you should tell when booking, because not all rooms are close enough to the transmitter. During the electric power blackouts (very frequent at the moment in Uganda) there is a generator in the hotel, which is switched off around 11 pm until 6 am. Another special is, that NO ALCOHOL is served at any time. Guests should at least be aware of this, even if the meals are very good like mentioned above, you cannot have a beer with it. If this is okay for you, the place can be your No. 1 choice in Lira.

Room Tip: Try to book outside and upper floor, The rooms facing to the inside (very small court) are really da...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Charlie G
Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

My husband and I were so happy to have such a clean, comfortable hotel to stay at whilst in Lira. We had travelled on the bus from Kampala, and it was great to stay somewhere that had hot water, a clean toilet and a comfortable bed to relax.

There was also a TV with DSTV and we even had a small balcony if you wanted to get some air. There was also a mosquito net for the double bed. Plus the price is very reasonable - we paid 52,000 for our room that comfortably slept two.

The restaurant at the hotel is fairly priced and we were very happy with our food. The vegetable pizza was amazing and so large for only 13,000 shillings. My husband got the spag bol and it was very tasty also. We didn't finish either of our meals but they packed them in containers and kept them in the fridge for us to have again the next evening! Amazing service. Best of all, the staff were always smiling and so welcoming.

We highly recommend staying here in Lira!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple