“Can't go without eating at 'The Boot'” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gumboot Garden

Gumboot Garden
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“Can't go without eating at 'The Boot'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My son and I always eat at the Gumboot Garden Restaurant when we visit Roberts Creek; without it, the trip would be incomplete ! The menu is always creative, the food is fantastic, and it's very child-friendly.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Art P

Vancouver
“great group dinner at the Gumboot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I even tried stuff I'd never eaten before (can't remember what it was though) that I really liked! Thanks!

Visited April 2012
Gibsons
“Good ingredients=good food, but high prices and terrible service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Ah, another love-hate relationship with a restaurant here on the coast. I love the buddah bowl, but I can't seem to justify paying over $15 for a bowl of rice with veggies and peanut sauce... Over the years, their prices have increased and the service has continued to slip... I had to ask for a glass of water, and when I did, my waitress sneered at me and commented that they also served, "real drinks"... My water never came and I ended up going out to my car to get my bottle of water because I didn't want to bother my waitress again. Everything takes forever to come, especially if you're local (it seems as if they only care about making the tourists happy, and forget where their money is coming from the rest of the year).
All in all, I wouldn't waste my money...

Now the cafe, I love... $10 for a Breakfast Hash with organic eggs, avocado, tomatoes, cheese and great potatoes... Your meal is brought out to you quickly and with a smile. Their coffee is good, and the people that work there are always friendly... Although a little pricey at times, all ingredients are fresh and organic and food is prepared with love... a nice little place to splurge every now and then. (I usually just go for the Hash and a coffee = $13.00)

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Day_Tripperz888
Roberts Creek, Canada
“Good Place For Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Have had dinner at the Gumboot numerous times. The service is amazing slow. Prepare for at least a couple of hours to work your way through dinner. At times it seem the fans in the kitchen do not work as the restaurant fills with a light haze of smoke. The beloved one had to send her plate back three times as the kitchen could not get her order straight. The Gumboot atmosphere never changes. The interior could definitely be freshened up. I would recommend going at Lunch as the wait is not as long. The Buddha Bowl is a favourite of mine. My partner usually has the chicken burger, which she seems to enjoy. Overall the food is good.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sechelt, Canada
“Love the Buddah Bowl”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I ususally come here after a yoga class next door and order... what else, the Buddah Bowl which is stuffed with crisp raw veggies, noodles and tofu. It's all good

Visited July 2012