Up The Creek Backpackers B&B
Gibsons Garden Hotel(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
$106
$85
Sunshine Lodge Inn(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
$97
$78
$97
Agoda.com
$77
$116
$92
Horseshoe Bay Motel(West Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$115
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshis sonloaner bikesthe ownerother guestslaid backguest kitchensunshine coastgumboot restaurantmountain bikinggreat place to staylots of spacepicnic tablesamazing staffsurrounding areawalking distancedown the roadquiet beach
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife booked the full Up The Creek facility last spring for us and about 15 friends for the Easter Week end. It couldn't have been any better! Martin played his role as the host warm host as usual, having a beer with us once.
Well, do I recommend up the Creek? A thousand times!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We LOVE Up The Creek !!!
My partner David, my son Ben and I are long term customers and now I can also say friends of Up the Creek hostel and Martin. It is like our second home on the Coast.
The house is beautiful, cozy, well equipped and clean. We love to hang out by the fire place during winter days, listen to music and chat with some interesting guests. The location is central and close to the local cafe and other stores and a nice walk to the beach.
Martin’s hospitality and warm welcoming is also one of the main reasons we come back. He is always attentive, happy and accommodating to our needs and the prices are reasonable with respect to the richness of the vacation we enjoy. Whenever we have a question or need of some information Martin is there to share and advice.
We highly recommend Up the Creek!
Hope you enjoy your stay,
Hila & David, Vancouver, BC.

Room Tip: As a family of three we try to book the Ceder room which has quine size bed and a bunk for our son. It is also close to the washrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012

"Up the Creek" is more than just a Backpacker's lodge - it became a home for me.
The first time i walked trough the door i instantly wanted to stay - even more after I have met the owner Martin and his son Coulter who fill this place with such a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Martin offers "Work and Stay" options for people who want to explore the Sunshine Coast for at least longer then 2 weeks and are willing to work in exchange for accommodation.
I stayed for about 2 and a half months helping with housekeeping and yard work officially 2 times a week but also whenever Martin needed a hand, but always on a relaxed, fair and well communicated basis.
What an amazing experience to meet all those wonderful people staying at the hostel, Canadians as well as people from all over the world. So many nights we sat down by the fire in the little living room area or outside. It's a great place to make friends and to explore the mountains together or go for a walk down to the little village and the beach.
It's the perfect place to relax from the stressful anonymous city life. Roberts Creek is a very community oriented wonderful little place on earth with lots of things to offer outdoors in summer and winter time! You have to experience it yourself!

Martin, thank you for everything! You'll be in my heart. I wish you well and I'll definitely come back!! :-)

Room Tip: The two large dorm rooms have either 5 or 7 beds. If you prefer a quiet and private stay book the little "Cherry Cabin" located in the garden. :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Up the Creek is a great place, and you will meet fantastic people there. I discover it in 2006, and there I met a very beautiful lady. Boy, Martin was sure surprised when he saw us again after 6 years, still together, married, with our little daughter!
Thanks Up The Creek, for changing our lives and being one of the most special places for us!

Room Tip: If you are a couple, definitely go for the private room, otherwise, share the fun with nice people.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

... because it was the best experience I could have had!
The whole atmosphere of the place is fantastic, how people are welcomed warmly and friendships form is amazing. And there is always something going on in the area, Barn Dance Nights, Art Crawls and sea and mountains are just a stone's throw away. Guy Fawkes Night was incredible!
The house is warm, the fire going, the kitchen provides everything that's needed for cooking and baking, everything is neat and clean.
I'll have a hard time finding a hostel where I feel as much at home as here!
Thank you Martin and Coulter!
Carina