See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 29, 2015

Stuff:
We had a very warm welcome from the lady on reception (Marika) who has a neverending patience and she loves kids. Our small one was all the time with her (asking something) even she had a lot to do.
Manager of the hotel seemed to me a nice guy dedicated to his work, and he was helping out to all, even to my wife carring with her to much in her hands.

Food:
Brilliant! All homemade, tastefull like from my mum. Yumi. Luckily, as we were the only guest in the hotel(unfortunatelly only for couple of days) chef came to our table asking what we would like to have for Breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of the stay.

Rooms:
Clean, spacious, warm. There were some complaints on backpain due to very thin matraces (please bear in mind that guys were stucked in bed for two days due to flu, those who had some activities during the day all was ok).

I would highly recommed to use the ski instructor suggested by the hotel, very friendly and also very patient, my small one had a laugh all the time and she loved her.

The only negative i had during the stay was that personal left the (tipsy noicy) guests in the restaurant after 10pm and they did not asked them to move to the bar which was not above the hotel rooms. The noice was heared into the rooms(apartments only as they are situated right above the restaurant)

However, i would rec this hotel to all who have kids (as there is everithing what you would need, "even a buggy" to rent for free)

Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I visit this hotel for hiking. Slovak nature is one of most beautiful in the world. I had a very nice room virh a tv and free wifi conecton. Fom my window I can see a statute of Janosik. Janosik is a national hero. Stuff was very friendly. This hotel is for family whit a childrens. I enjoy in a next time vith my family. Bless you Hotel Gold and thank you for everything.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Terrible experience. Never more. We booked a room for 5 nights to go with a little girl of 2,5. The web presentation is very good and catching, so we went. Good parking possibility and a nice garden and play ground was the only positive point. After we decided to have a lunch which was promissed to be at cca 3€/person while standing in the hotel. We ended up at 12€ for food of very poor quality. After we went up to the room. What a surprise! 3 x 3 m place where 2 beds and a little bed for a kid was squeezed. No room to move around. The ceiling in the tiny and dirty bathroom was "rotten", pitrid, smelly, awful.
We realy run away, cancelled the booking and find a different place.
Even the hall and the restaurant look bad and dirty, like the old socialist age.
I put one point only because the system does not allow to submit the review with zero.

Room Tip: Do not vaste your money here.
Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Nela N
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Hotel and the staff are realy nice and gentle.The food is very good thanks to the chief. The room had fantastic view to Janosik and the mountain. The General manager and most of the staff speak good english.One of the best hotels that I've tried in Slovakia.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view to Janosik and The Mountain
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DimitarsSofiisk... V
Reviewed August 12, 2011

first day - good experience. second day - poor food quality, extremely high prices, plastic cups for drinks. all happened because of a festival happening in the village. they dump their customers because of one time event. never more...

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family