“Fantastic dinner in Zvolen”

Crystal Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 34 Restaurants in Zvolen
Cuisines: European
Description: The best value lunch and dinner in Europe. I think so. Run by the town's catering school, you receive superb food and service at bargain prices.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This restaurant is in a great location in an old building beside a beautiful old church. We sat out on the patio and had great service...and food! As for service, apparently the servers all go to a restaurant school and this is where they practice/learn their chops. So, they take their job very seriously and it shows.

I can honestly say that they served me the best filet mignon i've ever had. They even had a well stocked rum bar which was the clincher for me. My wife had fish and she thought it was excellent. The menu is somewhat limited in what they have to offer but there is the old saying " quality, not quantity" that really applies here. Highly recommended, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Excellent service, tasty food for an affordable price and good choice of wine.

The terrace outside is well furnished, thus to try again again during the summertime (today it was a bit too cold).

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was visiting some friends in Zvolen and decided after reading the TripAdvisor reviews on restaurants in Zvolen to take my friends out to dinner in the Crystal Bar and Restaurant and I was bitterly disappointed by the food, wine and the service. I had asked for Sherry as an aperitif and was given a glass of Port Wine as they had no sherry. I selected a really nice medium sweet Slovak wine from the wine menu costing about 25 Euros and was told that they had none in stock but I was offered another which was supposed to be very similar. The similarity seemed to be only in the price for at first taste, although it did seem similar, by the end of the first glass it rapidly became apparent that this equivalent wine was more like a dessert wine, it was just too sweet. The wine was placed in such a way that we could not serve it ourselves and it took repeated requests before someone would top up our glasses. The service was very slow and the food when it arrived was a bit overdone, especially the vegetables. I love the way the Slovaks make French fries but was told that in this class of restaurant they only served baked or fried potatoes and yet in the nearby city of Banska Bystrica the two best restaurants in the city served me with delicious French fries. Needless to say the baked potatoes were a bit overdone. I had hoped to give my friends a nice dining experience but it was more like a nightmare, a very pricy nightmare. When I asked my friends opinion about the food etc they said that they much preferred the Arcadia Hotel restaurant in Zvolen and that's where we will dine next time I am in Zvolen.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

very good and healthy food. Profesional staff and also friendly prices. only the furniture could be little bit better

1  Thank henywow
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We came by a recommendation but I´d never expected it will be that good. I had a real culinary experience for very affordable price. Everything was just perfect, staff was reading my thoughts and wishes...

1  Thank igoru