All reviews the main street historic building excellent breakfast location slovakia
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2018

I booked a room after reading positive reviews. I arrived to find a room with a small table fan as “air conditioning”. The downstairs cafe & cigar bar gave the room a most unpleasant smell. Impossible to open a window unless you wanted more smoke/noise in your room. Parking & walking past garbage cans in a back alley, climbing endless stairs added to the wretched experience. Reviews seem to be written by unsophisticated travelers.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed June 6, 2018

We traveled to Slovakia in early June and stayed one night in Presov. Hotel Carpe Diem is in an historic building, centrally located just off the main street. We were on an upper floor, in a large, clean room with a view of the surrounding hills. There is a charming courtyard shared with the restaurant next door. The rate included an excellent breakfast in the restaurant. The reception staff could not have been more helpful with suggestions on what to see and assistance with transportation. Presov is a pretty town with restored buildings and monuments on a central pedestrian area. We would recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Some of the rooms have a view of the surrounding hills.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I spent two days at this hotel and was really impressed. Friendly staff, really large rooms which were comfortable and spotlessly clean. Good buffet breakfast and a cellar bar. Good location in central Presov. Would definitely come here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank MissJDriver
Reviewed January 3, 2018

From the moment we walked in the reception area we were welcomed by smile and very customer centric approach. They accommodated our request for early check in as we left previous property and moved there on same day. The room was spacious, bed comfortable and we really loved the corner bathtub as we could take a bath together the night before our wedding. The central location is also great advantage of the hotel. And it was a quiet peaceful place.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Bella Ruth D
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Well it was 2am .

Apparently I had the executive suite !

When I got to the room the lights weren't working also it was freezing!!! I turned the heaters on from the thermostats. But they had no effect!!!

One good thing I gave to say is the mattress was fantastic .

Cleanliness I'd say 3 out of 5