B&B Barocchetto Romano
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Occidental Aran Blu(Lido di Ostia)
$106
$99
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Scaletta(Lido di Ostia)(Great Value!)
$76
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Riva(Lido di Ostia)
$84
Travelocity
Hotel Bellavista(Lido di Ostia)
$86
$83
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sirenetta(Lido di Ostia)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Belvedere Century(Lido di Ostia)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Tirrenia(Lido di Ostia)
$93
Hotel Ping Pong(Lido di Ostia)
$60
  • Beachfront
$75
$66
$140
$130
Travelocity
All reviewslovely terracemorning coffeenice coffeelovely landladyyogurttrain stationlast nightwatch the worldher husbandsea viewlarge balconycentre of romenice stayvisit romeperlabedroomostia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We were so disappointed that we cancelled the room for the two nights and moved in to a nearby better hotel at a lower price. The lady went refused repayment. Only after cancelling on Booking.com, she accepted repayment on the second night (not yet received).

In a summary, incorrect description and vastly overpriced

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Håkan B
BarocchettoRomano, Direttore at B&B Barocchetto Romano, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Hakan ,
I am happy to receive your review which I waited anxiously ,
You had very well explained how important it was for me to have a good reputation
and how much it would have been deleterious a your negative review.
The cost of your silence would have been the refund of both nights of our stay by you book with us .

Luckily for me and all my guests are accustomed to working honestly and diligently ,
in my years of experience I have tryed to solve every problem
with openness and clarity, as in your case.
I prefer to receive a bad review and have a chance to respond rather than stoop to a mere compromise.

You have been followed from the time of booking up to your arrival with a welcome email and all the information you need to reach us,
you were greeted with kindness and you took possession of a clean room , tastefully furnished and equipped with every comfort,
after having watched our B&B and services, you have accepted.
You erasing the drive through booking.com only after hours of your arrival with us
and after that I had already been told that you would be refunded according to the cancellation policy accepted by you on Booking.com.
At this time of your review, perhaps you had not yet been accredited but had already received by mine and Booking.com email, receipt of the transfer issued to you for the repayment of the second night .

We do not pretend that our structure can please everyone
but in principle we always meet the necessity of our guests as I think I did also in your case .

Congratulations for being a major contributor to Trip Advisor .
Best Regards
Perla

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We wanted to stay near but not at Fiumicino the night before our flight home, and Lido di Ostia worked for that purpose. Signora Tedde was efficient and cordial during the booking, accomplished by emails.

Some comments to help others avoid frustration at check-in. We had expected that, like every other pensione / B&B / small hotel we have stayed in Italy, we would find a doorbell button, and the staff or owner would appear to let us in. But AFAIK we were not told that the outside door, while it had a sign for Barocchetto Romano, had no labeled buzzer by the door, although a couple businesses / residents had buttons. The only instruction in emails was "Ring to Budelli" which I had overlooked, but don't know if it would have helped. It turns out that Sig.ra Tedde was not in the property, but nearby on the pedestrian mall, waiting for us (we had texted her about 30 mins earlier). So even with a clear button to press, it would have not helped. We stood there after 6 hours of train travel, wondering "what now?" A phone call to her, brought her back to the entrance and then we could check in.

With more time in Ostia we would have enjoyed the terrazza with a view of the sea. There are restaurants nearby, although the pedestrian zone right near the B&B seemed to be mostly gelato, pizza, and bars. This was a weekend night and warm weather, so there was some noise
from peds until after midnight, but not unexpected given the location.

The room was in good condition and adequately equipped. Breakfast is self-serve in kitchen; juice boxes, milk, yogurt in fridge; pod coffeemaker; cereals and cellophane-wrapped pastry.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
BarocchettoRomano, Direttore at B&B Barocchetto Romano, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry you spent a long tiring day traveling during a national transport strike,
but as we are only 3 rooms Guest House we can effort a 24 hours reception.
As I wrote you in my welcome email detailed with address and all tips you need to reach us , I also told you where to ring once at the street door.
Our is one floor Liberty Villa in the middle of the historic centre, with only two apartments and only two button where to ring, one of those says Budelli and not shows Barocchetto Romano avoiding people looking for a place where to stay ringing in the middle of the night and awake all the guests.
As I normally do with all my guests, following them in all the trip to and from Barocchetto Romano, sending previous email, texting and phoning guests to guide them and make us easily reachable.
When you arrived, not your fault one hour in late, I was just went down for an ice cream (a wonderful bar is only ten meters from us) with my 6 years daughter tired to be at home waiting.
I apologies and I understand if you were tired and upset after an orrible day abroad,
but since you rang at the door you only wait one minute,
when you phoned me I was behind you ready to give a nice welcome.
I have traveled a lot all around the world and I know some times can be hard,
there may be uncomfortable unexpected.
I still hope you all had a comfortable night with us.

Thanks P.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at Barocchetto Romano overnight on way to Rome Fiumicino airport. The room with ensuite was comfortable, secure, clean and had everything needed, though the air-conditioning was noisy. Breakfast was good, plentiful with a wide range of food from cereals, fruit, yogurt, toast, croissants, tea/coffee etc. Barocchetto Romano is conveniently near the airport - 15 minutes drive - but far enough away to not have any plane take-off/landing noise. The location is central for shopping, restaurants and the beach. Perla the manager was very helpful, efficient and spoke excellent English.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great rooftop patio, great beaches nearby, walking distance from the train station, cozy accommodation. The only difficulty was tracking down the owner, as I arrived later than expected and missed the arranged check-in time. If you're travelling from out of town, you must set up a check-in time for when you know you will absolutely be there (allow some extra time for train schedules to change on you). If not, you will have to wait until another time can be arranged because she's not located on the premises.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Excellently located in Ostia, steps from the beach and about 15 minutes from Fiumicino airport, Barocchetto is a great place for a seaside visit before flying put of Rome. Very comfortable, super AC--important during Roman summers--and best of all an enormous terrace overlooking the pedestrian area and some of the sea front. Breakfast is a bit spartan, the only thing I would urge the lovely Perla (the owner) to think about. But her offer of a discount to Barocchetto residents at her v good restaurant steps from the front door is most welcome. Definitely would stay here again. And no airplane noise at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family