Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews nice camping caravan chalet capital toilet facilities roma rome
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 1 week in a 3 bedroom cabin with 5 friends.
Nice living areas, 30 minute walk from beach.
Shop on site is cheap but limited in selection.
Restaurant on site with limited menu and decent service.
Plenty of restaurants in surrounding area.
Swimming pool area is very nice and clean.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Adv B, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Camping Village Roma Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2019

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your kind review, we are very pleased that you appreciate our swimming pool and your living area. We are very glad that you enjoyed your holiday with us! See you soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2019 via mobile

So myself and family arrive at 1pm on Friday 14th June. After getting checked in and told where our lodges were on a map we were left in 30° heat to walk with 4 suitcases! My mother was put at the other side of the site from us she was also left to walk her suitcase to her lodge. Which wasn't ideal as she has problems walking. So I had to come back to do it for her!! We decided to head off to the pool as we were all starving and kids were keen to get in pool. Pool bar didn't serve food when I asked I was told the kitchen was broken. So we had crisps and ice-cream as the supermarket on site did not open till 5pm. Then we went to lie by pool where we were shocked that you had to pay €5 per sunbed. I have been to many euro camp style holidays and have never paid for a sunbed. I understand if you hadn't paid to stay there but as a paying guest I think it's a bit cheeky. Advertised as been close to Rome well it is but you have to walk 30mins each way to a shop to buy metro tickets as reception had none. Not ideal with a seven year old. Also advertised they have a shuttle bus to beach when I asked about that I was told you paid €1 each and the shuttle comes at 10am takes you to Ostia Artica then you have to get a bus from there. Why would anyone do that when you can get a public bus all the way there for at anytime you want. only problem is you have to walk for an hour round trip to get bus tickets!! Supermarket is terrible no fresh milk, no meat, very limited fruit think they had apricots. So as you can probably guess the 30 Mon walk each way with shopping. As the week went on they started selling sandwiches at bar, but very poor in comparison to most pool bars. The site was like ghost town and maybe this is why. The staff are not very helpful at all. There was one young gentleman who was helpful but that was about it. My mother asked the day before check out if they could pick her and case up and they couldn't even organise that. This place has the potential to be great but it is a very long way off great.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2018

We spent several nights here in a camper in October. As other reviewers have noted, the place is massive with very few visitors so far. Bathrooms are empty and clean. We did not use many onsite services, but we were fine with the nearby grocery stores, etc. I do not know what this place would be like in a packed July/August, but it was great in October.

This campground needs that shuttle to the train station to make the commute to/from Rome truly viable. We bought the Rome transit pass and did great using the public bus to the train station until the unreliable bus connection did not happen and we got stuck. Campground personnel had advised us not to rely on the buses, and they were right. Once this shuttle is in place, travel to/from Rome will be a breeze.

There are some minor issues - vehicle noise, etc.; but overall, this is a great option for Rome.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank angangang
Adv B, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Camping Village Roma Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2019

Dear Guest, thank you for writing this review.
The Camping Village is very large (about 30 hectares) and is completely new; located in the urban park of Castelfusano it is perfect for holidays in deep contact with nature.
We have a lot of different typologies of mobile homes, lodge tents and pitches; food & drink services like Restaurant, Pool bar, Market. For the entertainment of our guests there are three swimming pools and a multisport area!

We are trying to make ourselves known as much as possible and we are receiving many useful tips to improve our services! We will certainly report your advice regarding the shuttle service to the train station of Ostia Antica, in order to provide the best holiday experience possible.

We hope to welcome you again at our campsite!

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Very Nice camping, everything is just new. Perfect when you want to visite rome. Just 20 min away from center rome. The restaurant has the best staff, the food is really amazing and very cheap! The neighbourhood looks a bit abandoned but we feld really save on this camping.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Adv B, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Camping Village Roma Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Thank you so much Lisette for this review about our campsite, in particular our restaurant and our location. We hope to see you again in Rome!

Reviewed July 17, 2018

We have been at Camping Capitol Rome in July 2018 and the campsite has very good and very bad sides.
The campsite has been open since 2016 (now the 3rd season) and is very large (more than 1200 places) with very nice and spacious pitches. Only 30 places were occupied on arrival and only 1 of the 10 sanitary buildings was open. Even the tents and caravans of the tour operators are almost empty. It has good and new sanitary buildings and a nice spacious pool, but the rest of the campsite has absolutely no atmosphere. With the construction of a paradise pool is stopped. The reason they give for the few guests during high season is that the campsite is new. Yet I quickly understood why there are still almost no guests after the 3rd year.
I booked in January for 3 people (of course not necessary afterwards) and had to pay the entire amount in advance immediately. Reluctantly done it, I arrived on July 7 with 5 people and I was told that for the 2 extra people the guest rate of € 21, - per night had to be paid, because I did not mention this directly at the booking. I explained that I could not, because I did not know if everyone would come along. I indicated that I did not agree with this, then they immediately threatened that I would not get my passports back. I then called Baia Holiday and after some hesitation they agreed to change the booking. Then I also had to pay € 50, - tourist tax. All in all, with a family with 3 children, I spend more than € 70,- a night. And that is not all: at the pool you have to pay € 5, - per bed and not to mention the prices at the bar. Internet costs €23,- a week and even for a simple map of Rome has to be paid € 3, -. A very expensive week for a relatively simple campsite.
I demanded my passports again, since it is also illegal in Italy to keep passports as a deposit. Then they shouted that I am in Italy and need to adjust as a foreigner. Finally, when I threatened to call the police, I got the passports back. The strange thing is that Baia Holiday is a member of the Camping Card International and this card is not accepted here.
Despite a handful of camping guests, the pool is crowded with day trippers and local school classes. The pool closes already at 6 o'clock and the jacuzzi is broken.
The so-called "comfort" places have no water nearby and the store is open only a few hours a day. Without a car you do not do much: there is no service from / to the beach (about an hour's walk) or train station (about 45 minutes’ walk) for the train to Rome (you are in Central Rome for only €1,50). Nothing is organized (also not for children) and with a South wind there is a lot of noise from the nearby Fiumicino airport.
In short: the campsites policy is only to make money. The price / quality ratio is much too high for are relative dead campsite, partly due to hidden costs. If this site remains so arrogant and expensive, there will still be only a handful of short stayers in the future. I liked to leave earlier, but because I do not get a refund I stayed the week. The campsite is not recommended and for me never again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank theob910
baia-holiday12, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Camping Village Roma Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your time and for the notes that we will be happy to use as suggestions for improvement.
We are really sorry for all the misunderstandings.
The camping has opened this year for the first time for a continuous season and we are organizing our hospitality to the best.
We have no animation and it is a choice because at our Guests' disposal there are 2 tennis courts, 2 soccer fields and a basketball court as well as 3 swimming pools. The Camping is located in the wonderful pine forest of Castelfusano and therefore immersed in nature as well as easily connected to Rome, one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We preferred to leave our guests the pleasure of choosing the type of holiday they prefer, be it culturale, nature of sport and provide Baia Holiday style services.