“Quaint Villa in need of TLC”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Villa Aricia

Hotel Villa Aricia
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ariccia
Idaho
“Quaint Villa in need of TLC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while visiting Rome. This is a quaint villa in a beautiful location. The rooms are spacious and fairly comfortable. The beds are very firm which is not my preference but not something that would keep me away either. The bathroom is clean and a decent size. The shower is very small. A person of any size would have difficulty in this shower but it was fine for my daughter and I. This is an older villa and is in need of some TLC. The carpets are worn and the walls show their age but again not something that would keep me away. The staff was courteous and helpful. This hotel might not be my first choice but I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

WV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is located in a beautiful setting. When you first approach the grounds and look up at the stately building, you are struck by its beauty. However, when you enter, that changes. Most of the areas I was in (including my room) were in desperate need of updating. In the rooms and hallways, the paint was dirty and/or peeling, as was the wallpaper. Despite the condition of the walls and carpet, our room was clean. (Believe me, I am super picky about this.) I was in my friends' room also, and theirs had been updated and was much nicer than ours. Additionally, there are water issues. The first night I had a cold shower. The next day I had a hot one, and my husband had a cool one. The third day, I showered first and had a cool one while he showered second and had a warm one. There was no rhyme or reason to it. Also, the showers are extremely small. We did have a beautiful window from which you could see the twinkling lights of Roma at night. The room also offered a charming, cozy feeling. The dining area is nice as is the lovely room off of the dining room. The breakfast served to us was decent. If all neglected areas were renovated, this would be the PERFECT hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Here is a hotel that once basked in some 1920s or 30s glory but just doesn't quite make the cut in 2012.
The staff were very friendly, the grounds expansive and distance from Rome about 25 kilometres.
We stayed here as we thought it would be be a better bet than by driving into Rome and catching a train out.
However, we were caught in peak hour traffic and it was an extremely slow drive. A train from Rome where we would have had a wider choice of hotels would have been our best option.
A positive was the free WiFi but that I believe was covered in the cost of the room.
If you want to experience the grandeur of a bygone time this hotel suits.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

The Hotel Villa Aricia was a disappointment. On arrival, it was hot in the room, and the air conditioning would not turn on. When I called the desk, the clerk answered "no" when I asked if he spoke English. When I arrived at the desk, I determined he spoke Spanish, and was able to explain the problem. He answered, in English, with a smile, "Open the window". Opening the window, there was a loud party in the courtyard till late in the night. This was least accommodating staff on my trip to Italy.

Breakfast was adequate, at best, lowest quality on the trip. The decor was dated, the building in need of major maintenance and renovation. Somewhat of a musty odor. The grounds were beautiful.

Free Wi-Fi frequently logged you out, requiring re-entry of the password; I finally gave up trying to read emails.

The main positive was the Chigi Palace just up the road; it was spectacular. You need to arrange a tour in advance. The towns near-by were quant and interesting. Good restaurants in the area.

Pros
Walking distance to the Chigi Place
The only official "hotel" in town

Cons
Non-functional Air conditioning
Night staff did not speak English very well
Wi-Fi did not work well

I would not stay here again, and would pick one of the near-by B&B's.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eallergy

Travelers are raving about these Ariccia hotels

Albertslund, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

During a visit to Italien friends in Albano, we stayed at Hotel Villa Aricia. The hotel was close (700 meters) to station Albano, which you can reach by local train from station Termini. Ticket very cheap Euro 1,90 for 50 minutes by train, compared to the price from Fiumicino Airport to Statione Termini which is Euro 14,00 for 30 minutes by train.

From outside the hotel looks OK from the pictures on the web www.hotelvillaricia.com
but inside the hotel looks worn out. We had a room with the smallest shower cubicle I have ever seen at a hotel. I was almost unable to get into the cabin.

The wi-fi network is OK, and free. The breakfast was pared-down. Staff very friendly, politely and willing to help you.

Hotel really needs a restoration and painting, new furniture as weel, and bigger shower cabins, if the price of Euro 110,00 per night to continue. Noise from next-door rooms to be reduced by isolation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

I've enjoyed staying in this small hotel. It was my third trip to this region of Italy and each time I was using this hotel. It is a quiet and cozy hotel. It is located not far from Rome, only 26 km. The hotel has its own park with a little old chapel. I recommend to explore the little towns and villages, Albano Laziale, Nemi, and Castel Gandolfo, which are located near by. If you will come during the fall season try the local wild mushrooms, porchini.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank yevgenia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ariccia
Hotel California
Hotel Miralago
#2 of 3 in Albano Laziale
La Locanda del Pontefice
Grand Hotel Helio Cabala

Been to Hotel Villa Aricia? Share your experiences!