“Update”

Ristorante Da Piero
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Was in San Severino again recently and so had to eat at Da Piero and pass on the discovery of the best pasta dish I can remember. You would have to go to the finest restaurant in Rome to find anything close. It was on the menu as Spaghetti cacio et pepe, with gamberetti marinati, calamarata and lime. Don't miss it. My wife had the filetti di branzino: also delicious but the pasta takes some beating.
We arrived late without a booking and despite that and the fact that every table was occupied Pierluigi gave the "hurry-up" to two of his local regulars who were about to finish their meal and beckoned us in from our car when they left-what great hospitality!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This small restaurant is a real find and definitely not to be missed on any trip to Le Marche. The food is always top quality and the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful even by the high standards set by the rest of Italy.The owner, Pierluigi is constantly "learning" English but already speaks it very well!! So can easily help out with menu items and has a great sense of humour.
Every dish is beautifully prepared and presented and a bottle, or two, of the owner's locally produced wine provides the perfect accompaniment.
We have found booking to be essential on occasion.
Although it is difficult to single out my favourite dish the fish risotto is hard to beat anywhere: light and delicious.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I go to this region of Italy for business several times a year, and the highlight of every trip are my visits to Da Piero. It is a family owned and run operation, that simply makes the best Italian food I have ever had. The ingredients are always fresh and seasonal, and the service is exceptional. My advice is to not even look at the menu, and simply ask the genuinely charming owner, Piero, what he recommends. You will not regret it. This place is the real deal. Fresh, simple, and delicious. I can't wait to get back there.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I happened to visit Da Piero on a recent business trip to the Marche and I was blown away. The interior is warm and inviting, and the food is incredibly satisfying. I enjoyed a delicious antipasto of pears and cheese and home made pasta that rivals the best restaurants in Italy. The owners were very kind and gracious to me as a foreigner.
I also had the pleasure of trying the wine from the family vineyard, Fattoria Colmone. The Merlot Albino (a white wine) and Ciacco were outstanding and a perfect accompaniment to my meal.
I highly recommend this restaurant to food aficionados who appreciate local, unpretentious cuisine and fresh ingredients.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were lucky enough to dine twice at this lovely restaurant in San Severino, during our recent stay near Treia. The food is beautifully prepared and feels very authentic. There are no frills and there don't need to be. The staff are lovely, and take no notice of Pierluigi when he claims not to speak very good English. His modesty is typical of the ethos of the place. We have eaten less well at much more expensive places in ltaly. It was the gastronomic highlight of our 2 week stay in different parts of Le Marche (which is saying quite a lot).