Mercure Thame Lambert Hotel
The Peacock(Henton)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Oxford Belfry(Milton Common)
View Hotel
All reviewscourtyard roomblenheim palacefew issuesred kitescream teashort breaktwo night staymain buildingcooked breakfastboth nightsroom was largecomfy bedan evening mealvisit oxfordroad noiseshower headboth mornings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed there for three nights food fantastic so much choice and excellent vegetarian menu rooms very comfortable staff very helpful great base for exploring Oxford area will definitely be back there again our room overlooked the car park but was still very quite

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lambertarms, General Manager at Mercure Thame Lambert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest

I'm so pleased to hear we looked after you so well, and that you enjoyed yourself,we do try and make sure that all of our guests stay is an enjoyable one, especially when they are here for a few days,as the team like to try and understand where they can help with information and advise.
I'm very pleased that you found our vegetarian food so nice with such a wide choice.Our Head Chef Chris and his team take pride in catering for all of our guests food preferences where possible.They also take pride in catering for a wide range of guests including those with allergies and certain dietary requirements.

Thank you for such a nice review and I have made sure that I have thanked my team for looking after you so well.

Hopefully see you soon,and if you mention you would like a view over the Chilterns we will certainly try and oblige.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Lambert Arms last week. Its location was very practical for us being close to the motorway, Chinnor and the friends and family that we wish to visit in the area.

The rooms are relatively large and the beds comfortable. Our room was very quiet, overlooking fields. Most of the furniture was contemporary, but a couple of pieces of furniture in our room needed to be updated. I would give our room only 7/10 for cleanliness.

Our only real problem with the room was that on each night we were next door or next door but one to dog owners. We are both animal lovers, but do not wish to hear dogs continually howling when their owners leave the room. It's not fair on the dogs to be left and not fair on the other guests either.

The hotel was very busy on the Saturday and the buffet breakfast the next morning was not wonderful. The cooked breakfast looked as if it had been made hours beforehand. The breakfast was far superior the following day when it was cooked to order.

We paid £85 for the Saturday evening which included the price of two breakfasts. The Sunday night we paid £75 and had to pay for the cooked breakfast - £5.95. If we had wanted two cooked breakfasts the cost would have been more than the usual tariff. We didn't consider this to be much of an incentive to stay on a usually quiet evening of the week.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review,I am sorry that our guests with dogs disrupted your evening,however If we had been made aware of this we would have tried to locate and contact the owners in order for them to keep their dogs quiet.I have spoken with housekeeping to ensure we maintain our usual high standard of cleanliness and made them aware of your comments.

Our breakfast at the weekend is sometimes served buffet style, when we are expecting a large volume of guests, we do not normally receive negative feedback and I have spoken with our breakfast chef in order to ensure our little and often freshly top up policy is adhered to, in order to offer freshly cooked and hot breakfasts consistently.I am however pleased that you enjoyed breakfast on Monday.
I hope that If you decide to return again you will see an improvement to our service and hopefully avoid any noisy dogs, which I have to say is something that has not been brought to my attention before, we do have quite a few people stay here with dogs, as they enjoy walking them over the lovely Chiltern Hills.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

You need to book "The Lambert" a while in advance these days as it has become very popular for local business stays as well as tourists wanting to explore the pulchritudionous Chilterns that lay on it's doorstep.

Basically what they've done is taken a formerly quiet and run down country inn and gentrified it. There's a sizeable seperate accomodation block at the rear that runs in a quad-like pattern with a lawn in the centre.

The rooms are of a good standard and sizeable with all mod cons. I've only ever had a problem once - when the central heating failed during a snowy spell - and they brought me a plug in heater.

You dine in the pub itself for both dinner and breakfast and whilst the food is not cheap it's of a good enough pub bistro standard to avoid overly critical judgement.

Situated handily just a mile off the M40 - great transport links add to the attraction.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank QXZWS

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.We do work very hard to ensure all of our guests are looked after whether they are staying here on business or leisure.We are gathering a growing reputation for our food and whilst we are not the cheapest, we certainly do produce some of the best food in the area,which is why our bar and restaurant does get busy.
we look forward to seeing you again soon.And don't forget to book well in advance especially midweek.

Many Thanks

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Lambert Arms for 2 nights B&B on the 4th & 5th April 2013 having paid £99 with Moneysupermarket.com. The ground floor room was very spacious & warm - I was surprised to find it had air conditioning. I would not have expected this anywhere in the UK. The room did have a couple of minor faults; the flush on the toilet was a bit hit & miss but usually worked after a few attempts. We found the shower temperature difficult to control and parts of the handles on the taps were missing. However, that said the food was superb. We dined both nights at the hotel and neither of us could fault the food. I did point out the faults on departure as they didn’t bother us particularly. We both agreed we would stay here again.

1  Thank 1962dean
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and myself went to the Lambert Arms for a relaxing weekend away.The hotel is made up of old and new,sad to say we had old,room 1.what can I say,cold and very worn out.Dirty carpets,windows that don't close,no heating in the bathroom,broken furniture,no double glazing,this room looks like a throw back from the seventies.
The food in the restaurant is fine no complaints there.
Drinks,Lager is ok,but the price of a glass of wine is very excessive.
Breakfast is a sort of buffet affair,tea and coffee served in flasks is a bit strange.A cooked English breakfast is extra.
Overall we were very dissatisfied.I feel we could got better for less somewhere else.The worst room/ hotel we have stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2013