“Thumbs down”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Sadly for what looks like a smart looking restaurant and a change from Indian cuisine in the village, I was disappointed with the food, choice and price. No one returned to us to ask if our food was satisfactory; had they done so they would have been told no as my friends pizza was virtually untouched due to it being sloppy cheese & tomato - it looked like a puddle. When we politely told them in was too soggy and was literally running off the base we were just told that is what is should be like! Ok then pizza from Pizza Hut it is from now on.
Sorry Romazzino you have not got my vote.

2  Thank Dorrii
There are newer reviews for Romazzino

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The food is excellent, I can say the same thing for the staff. I think it's the best Italian restaurant in the Cheshire county. I'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Thebest1994
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ice cream sundae lovers.... the Monte Bianco is the best ice cream sundae I have ever had. The brandy snap basket its served in was so fresh and sticky I recommend you visit Romazzino just to try it!!

I was very impressed with Romazzino. They have a super Italian menu, lots of choice and a set menu but when I sheepishly asked if the chef would mind me ordering two of the three starters from the set menu and a side salad (cheeky I know), instead of being tutted at and chased out with a giant pepper grinder I was rewarded with a big smile, a 'no problem madame' and the chef offered to create a special side salad that was completely off-piste and made with pesto! It was delicious!

I drank prosecco, served very cold. I found the staff to be very jolly and welcoming. I also felt very at home dining here alone. There are some restaurants that don't make it very easy for a female customer to enjoy food and wine alone but Romazzino was great. I will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank Josie J
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I came to Romazzino's with a few friends on a Friday night and from the minute we entered the restaurant we felt welcomed by their extremely friendly staff. This good start to the evening was continued by the excellent standard of food and great tasting wine, also during our meal our waitress went out of her way to make sure everything was ok with our food and whether our drinks needed topping up (even though it was obvious she was busy with other jobs).

I would recommend Romazzino's to anyone who loves brilliant Italian, hearty meals and a buzzing atmosphere.

1  Thank jess22946
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I live just around the corner from Romazzino and visited last night with my Mum, Dad and sister. I've been before with a friend and thought it was okay.

This time unfortunately we were disappointed by the food. I have to say I loved the starter - we had the antipasto de mare as part of the offer. A sharer platter plus two mains & a glass of wine each for £30 which we thought was very good value.

However, the mains weren't great. I had the tortelloni with scallops and king prawns, which was quite bland and flavourless, my Dad had the porcini gnocchi which he really didn't like, so we swapped and even I didn't like it much (I'm normally easily pleased). My sister had a four cheese pizza which, I thought tasted quite nice, but was the soggiest pizza I've ever seen - the base sauce was dripping off it, there was way too much and it was impossible to eat like a normal pizza. She said it was the worst pizza she's ever had. To be fair I thought my Mum's meal was nice - she had 'trofiette alla barese' (pasta with strips of fillet steak and roasted vegetables).

Can't complain about the service, and the price would have been great IF the food was up to scratch, but it really wasn't. It is a nice restaurant atmosphere-wise.... Maybe we made some bad food choices, but we won't be returning to find out.