“Great Food”

Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Alsager
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is the 4th visit to the Old Mill Restaurant - an excellent menu with efficient friendly service. And each time the food has been oustanding, both in quality and value. Highly recommended (and the farm shop next door is excellent too!)

There are newer reviews for The Old Mill Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went to the Old mill whilst passing by chance through Alsager and will definately be going back. It looks like your traditional old pub, lovely and cosy but offers a fantastic non pub grub style menu!
My boyfriend is a very fussy eater and they couldn't do enough to accommodate us, and even changed the sauce on my salmon with no qualms as I said I preferred creamy sauces.

Overall we had a brilliant meal with excellent service, can't wait to go back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Old Mill is a traditional hotel and restaurant in Alsager, Cheshire. It is set in a semi rural location surrounded by farming fields and next to a mill pond. There are two entrances into the property but most people enter from the top doors after parking the car on the large car park below.
The bar area is cosy and traditional with a few nooks and crannies, mismatched wooden chairs, book cases and wines displayed alongside blackboards displaying the food specials. It has a lovely warm and inviting atmosphere with a great mixture of ages.The staff are friendly and helpful.
Behind the bar is a larger more formal, but just as pleasant dining area.
Down stairs there is a further bar area, more dining spaces and a function room.
We have visited for bar meals and evening meals but not yet tried the carvery. Details of this will be on their website. www.theoldmill-alsager.com You can also download meuns here too.
Some item on the menu are delicious, the large steak/chicken puddings are beautiful, the steaks are always very well presented, the Rumplestiltskin (with stilton) is a firm favourite and I adore the prawn and avocado salad.
The chips, it has to be said are not that nice, which is disappointing as great chips are the mark of a good eatery in my humble opinion but you may disagree!
I would say the food is fine but not exceptional, however there are many dishes on the specials board we have not tried.
We take our children and the childs menu represents good value, its approx £5, usual suspects in terms of pizza and fish fingers, large portions too! I think it includes ice cream but double check.
There are public right of ways across the fields and this place is a delight for walkers I would imagine.
I would certainly recommend popping in for a drink or a bar snack as we often do. There are always tables booked in the evening too.
Next to The Old Mill, along a short drive, is a wonderful farm shop selling meat, jams, fresh veg and cheese etc. I understand they have also opened a cafe, which I have yet to try.
As a hotel I understand the rooms are fine and not bad value for money, a double cost my friend around £60. Its an excellent base to explore Staffordshire and Cheshire, as Alsager is on the boundary.
Either way, The Old Mill is worth a visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Called at The Old Mill for a drink and meal and were met by a miserable bar maid...outside having a fag in the doorway...the yound lady inside was lovely and smiley...and served us with a drink! The miserable barmaid returned from her fag break and was so sour faced she could make milk curdle! The place seemed dirty and unwelcoming...not a good selection of beers and limited menu.....which is a shame as this used to be a really nice place to eat. We decided not to order food and left after one drink. Bring back the old style Mill...Alsager needs a decent pub/restaurant! :)

3  Thank TUBBSONTOUR
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant has undergone a huge upgrade in the past year. The new chef has introduced a menu that includes something for even the most discriminating diner. To top it off, the owner has introduced a five pound luncheon special during the week that again has something for everyone. The staff is very friendly, the food tasty, the price fair and the ambiance very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any couple or for a family lunch or dinner.

1  Thank carteresca