“Fantastic Weekend Break!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of White Chimnies

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Biddulph
White Chimnies
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Weekend Break!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had the privilege of staying at The Beech Cottage recently and the whole experience was nothing but superb.
From the moment we arrived to when we, unfortunately, had to leave, we were well looked after by one of the owners, Zeta.
The cottage was incredible and everything was done to such a high standard that we were very impressed with the quality. The photos don't quite do it justice with every room actually far bigger and brighter.
Surrounded by fields with a lovely little lake at the back, this cottage really is amazing and I would highly recommend it to any couples or families looking for a remote getaway.
The landscape is stunning and there are beautiful views wherever you look, although I'd strongly suggest driving to a location (The Peak District is approx. 10 miles away) if you want to have a nice walk and find a good pub.
In addition to the fabulous cottage, we had access to the communal areas which included the huge indoor swimming pool, sauna and games room which were very relaxing.
Overall, a fantastic place run by lovely people (Zeta even drove the four of us to a restaurant and back one evening when a taxi was running late) and my partner and I are likely to visit again in the near future.
Best to contact directly for bookings and be sure to ask about facilities to avoid any disappointment as jacuzzi and exercise room weren't in operation due to previous guests' misuse of equipment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
goodwins28, Owner at White Chimnies, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your great review loved the fact that you had not made the bed it looks soooo comfy you could just cuddle up inside it & let the world go by..Thank you hope to see you with us again real soon

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I found White Chimnies by complete accident when escaping from the London hustle and bustle this summer. What a stroke of luck - it is now on my list of favourite places and one that I hope to return to, to see it in all its seasons. I stayed for 3 days and became so mesmerised by the views, the peace and quiet and the unpolluted star-filled sky that I experienced real separation pain when I had to leave. The standard of accommodation was wonderful and I've never experienced such warmth and kindness from the hosts, Zeta and Dave - a truly special couple who made my family and I feel like welcome friends. The Staffordshire moorlands are so beautiful and having experienced the blissful view on the sun loungers, I'm excited at the prospect of going back for the cozy log burner winter break. I can't recommend White Chimnies highly enough.

Room Tip: All the cottages are special in their own way.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a wonderful haven, I had a very pleasant 2 days at White Chimnies last August. Dave and Zeta were most pleasant hosts. Great, if limited, facilities but certainly more than the average B+B.
I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank tonylingard
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We recently recomended White Chimnies to some friends who looked on trip advisor and commented back to me of two recent bad reviews. After reading them, I have no idea how they can justify their comments. We originally booked through hoseasons and read their reviews which were nothing short of outstanding. This was beginning of this year ie that is the start of the season. The hospitality given was only exceeded by the Quality of the cottages and pool, as well as the tranqual location. I can not believe they are writing about Zeta and David as they endeavoured to make our stay as comfortable as possible??!!This is the reason we will book again next year.

Room Tip: Looked at all the cottages, all as good as Cherry Cottage which we stayed in.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chang-Gregor
Eccleshall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We took a short break at White Chimnies back in August. We were going to head to Cornwall but as we only had a few days free, we decided to stay local but find somewhere where we could kickback relax and enjoy some hi-spec accommodation and some excellent facilities in a peaceful setting. White Chimnies came out 'top' and didn't disappoint!
We stayed in the small cabin, which is really charming and rather like being in an episode of Little House on the Prairie! However, every luxury is on tap, from excellent linen to roll top bath and a decent shower.
The massive swimming pool and sauna are a real bonus as are the fishing pools and extensive grounds.
Our Hosts Zeta & Dave are true 'hosts' and could not have done more to make us feel welcome, including preparing a supper for us on the first night as we arrived late and didn't want to cook.
This became a theme, in that we didn't need to cook at all throughout our stay because there are so many good pubs and restaurants within a short drive (See my review of the Ship at Winkle!)
All in all this was a superb short break at a venue I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone looking to have a relaxed break at any time of the year. We shall be back very soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Oldschoolandrew
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

i have been to whites chimnies for the past 3 years and takne all the coattages for a group of ladies. this place is stunning,quiet, cottages are just luxury and so clean keep its untrue. the pool and facilities are fantastic .my freinds and i have had some memorable times here at white chimnies. I have been also a number of times this year for a short break . Dave and zeta are the perfect hosts and can not accomodate thier guests enough. they work very hard at the venue to ensure your stay is always perfect .
I have also been to a wedding farye this year at White chimnies and seen the tee pees that are avaiable for weddings and parties all i can say is stunning. !!! i would highly recomend white chimies. Already booked for next year Go and enjoy !!!!

Room Tip: Cherry cottage is my favourite beautiful roll top bath !!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TILLYY482
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have spent several weekends at the cottages (probably stayed in all of them during that time). David and Zeta are and were the host and hostess with the most.

I have always received a warm welcome as have any friends or family that have stayed and the cottages, which are to die for. No expense has been spared and we have always been more than satisfied with how well kept and cosy the cottages are (obviously no expense has been spared on them) they are all finished to a high standard.

I strongly recommend you judge these for yourselves as previous comments do not do it justice and couldnt be further from the experience that I or my friends have had.

I cant wait for my next stay there, its the one place my husband and I feel we can relax in beautiful peaceful surroundings and let all our worries drift away.

Give it a try and you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heidi O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddulph
Hotel Rudyard
Crewe Hall
#2 of 9 in Crewe
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,080 reviews
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent

Been to White Chimnies? Share your experiences!