“excellent cannot fault it !!!”
Review of Crab Pot Cottage

Crab Pot Cottage
Ranked #1 of 3 Flamborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2011

first off..ignore the very malicious review re the mouse !!
we had a lovely stay and wished we had stayed for 2nights instead of going to the north star which was awful
A very nice welcome..the room was brilliant and had everything we needed very clean.spacious and quiet and off road parking.
Caroline kindly booked us a table at the rose and crown across the road and we had an excellent meal..no wonder it gets booked up
Breakfast was great and gave us a good start to the days walkin we had planned
All in all cannot fault crab pot cottage and the hospitality shown too us and not surprised its rated best in flamborough..with or without the SO called mouse !!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kingfisher100

Reviewed February 15, 2011

The B&B was ok and the proprietors obviously making an effort to please.

My overiding recollection of our visit was in my opinion hilarious although thankfully my wife had just left me alone in the dining room after breakfast otherwise she would have been devastated !
It was like a scene from Fawlty Towers, I was finishing off my coffee when a mouse ran over my foot, I saw it disappear under the table of the other couple in the room.
The lady stood up, shocked and me and her her husband couldn't believe what we had seen.
I shouted through to the proprietor to tell him there was a mouse running round in the dining room, he came in trying to catch it, obviously flustered (Basil Fawltyesque)
He tried to play it down and invited me into the kitchen to prove they weren't infested, although I doubt they come in ones.
Very funny at the time, havent been able to get my wife to go back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank sonihr
Crabpotbb, Owner at Crab Pot Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2011

This screen states date of stay as April 2010, but when I open a "Response" screen it states date of stay as 15/02/2011. On 15/02/2011 we were empty.

In April 2010 we were quite busy but at no time did we have an incident as described here.

We do not have a guest of this name on our register.

Please read our other reviews for what we believe to be an accurate description of our property.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Made a very rare mid-January visit to Flamborough, not for it's scant attractions but to mainly to experience the Crab Pot again (never done that before with a B&B but this place is exceptional). Centre of Village location, secure off-road parking, large room (#3) & en-suite which is very well equipped & impeccably clean, superb breakfast and two of the nicest people you could hope to meet, it gets full marks.

Unfortunately Flamborough doesn't score so well, the area has some of the most pot-hole peppered roads I've come across. We drove to the North Landing to find the Caravel Bar closed, the Viking closed, in the village the Ship Inn has shut down and the two other pubs aren't trying very hard, we enquired at the Dog & Duck if they were serving dinner "only if enough people turn up" and at the Rose & Crown they stopped serving starters at 7.30 "it's too late now" plus they were most upset when I had to ask for my change! I've been a regular visitor to Flamborough since Childhood and came away feeling quite depressed, tourism obviously is not what Flamborough wants.

Anyway we will definately stay at the Crab Pot again, it makes a great base to explore the East Coast and can recommend without reservation.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alfavinney
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Caroline and Richard made us most welcome. Very good location for walking Flamborough Head and in the centre of the village with several pubs nearby all serving evening meals. Excellent breakfasts with a daily ‘specials’ board. Bedrooms and en suite were spotlessly clean, modern furniture and wifi connections. Off street parking and facilities for coping with wet walking and cycling kit. Very quiet location.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sue_Rog_10
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Arrived to be greeted by richard who is a very plesent man and very helpful with advice on where to eat, and places to visit. His wife is a very nice woman, always smiling and both are very polite. The room we stayed in was room 3 with a super king bed which was very comfortable, the room was spotlessly clean and very well presented, the stairs to the room are a little steep, but this is to be expected as the place is a converted cottage and richard did offer to carry our bags for us, and there is a banister rail on one side and a steel frame on the other to hold onto if you require them. Breakfast was excellent and very filling. Safe off street parking was good. There is plenty to see and do in and around flamborough. An excellent place to visit and the crab pot cottage is an excellent place to stay, please try it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bruneval
Reviewed July 22, 2010

On Monday the 19th of July Mum and I stopped for 2 night's at "Crab Pot Cottage" - we went for the twin bed room on the second floor. On arrival we were greeted by Richard, who was very friendly and helpful taking us to our room.

The rate was £140 for us both for two night including Breakfast.

Anyone who knows this part of the world, knows parking is difficult sometimes - this was helped by a small car park behind the property.

Our rooms were not the type normally associated with B & Bs - these were large, the bathroom was as big as some of the rooms I've stopped in the past!!

Tea & Coffee making facilities were on offer as well as Wi-Fi and TV with DVD player.

Breakfast was great especially for me as I'm a Coeliac and can't eat food with Wheat, Barley or Rye in - both hosts were very accommodating and knowledgeable - Gluten Free Muesli, GF Bread and a Muffin + plus full English - mmmmmmmmm, this set us up for the whole day (just having Ice Cream to top us up later).

There's a great pub down the road called the "Rose and Crown" - their portions are massive and I had the Gammon steak 2 nights running - it was huge and only cost £7.50!!

The weather treated us well (the national weather said it was going to rain for 1 1/2 days out of the three - it rained once, in the middle of the night!!) - Flamborough and Bridlington are beautiful parts of England and the area is great for getting away from it all.

Are we going back - a definite yes!!

Thank you both for your great hospitably.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank bigbadjon303
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We just stayed the one night and were very impressed. Nothing was too much trouble and there were many little touches that even good hotels forget. The room was very nice and spotless and breakfast set us up for the day.We shall certainly return.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StamfordKate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flamborough
Expanse Hotel
#25 of 117 in Bridlington
Sunflower Lodge
Sunflower Lodge
#6 of 117 in Bridlington

Been to Crab Pot Cottage? Share your experiences!