“great hotel, rude staff though”

Cameron Court Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flamborough
Cameron Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Flamborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

on arriving at the Cameron court hotel we where shown to our room as I sat on the edge of the bed while the owner went through the usuals eg shower, breakfast etc I was shocked as she said to me to make sure I removed my shoes before I got on the bed, with nothing to provoke this comment I was quite shocked.
On going out for a stroll and returning to the cameron court hotel my father was instructed that if we where going out tonight to keep the noise down when we came back, again an unusual and unprovoked request which was disappointing as I felt we where being judged on our characters.
Breakfast was by far most disappointing the waitress was incredibly rude and extremley unhelpful, we requested for the curtains to be drawn on abit so the sun was not in my 7 year old nieces face to which she replied move over and then sun won't be in your eyes, this comment was unhelpful and just plain rude. She continued being rude throughout taking our orders and serving us breakfast.
The hotel is basic nothing to write home about and I have never honestly met a stranger bunch of staff in my life, i will not being staying there again and I do not reccomend if you have children over the age of 5 as they clearly will get judged by there appearance, basic hotel, incredibly rude waitress who basically spoilt the whole experience.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank jaybird44
camcourt, Owner at Cameron Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I'm sorry your experience with us was one you would rather forget. Regarding the 'shoes'. Your son jump straight onto the bed and my comment was 'oh, I see you've removed your shoes'. Diane is a valuable member of staff and I'm sorry if your personalities clashed. We have now addressed the problem of the sun in the dining room by having blinds fitted. Susan

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very welcoming and helpful. Room clean tidy, comfortable and plenty of space. Breakfast was adequate, but no beans on the full English. I wasn't even offered beans to replace the tomato I didn't want.
Overall our two night stay was very good, and we would certainly go again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
camcourt, Owner at Cameron Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make a review. We have now addressed the 'bean situation'.
If requested we do provide beans.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed 2 nights - wonderful ! Spotlessly clean everywhere. Food excellent, hosts really friendly and very helpful, rooms better than comfortable ! Home from home. Can't wait to visit again. And the best fresh seafood shop in the world next door. Perfect little holiday !

Room Tip: Don't need to fill this in - they are all good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara N

Thank you for your encouraging comments and hope to see you again in 2013. Susan

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Thanks to Sue, Paul and Diane. Very welcoming (my visitors thought so too) and the 'car service' above and beyond the call of duty!!! Spotless, lovely breakfast - enjoyed browsing the bookshelves in the lounge. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at Cameron House for my brother's 60th. There were eight in our party and Paul and Susan were wonderful hosts and were served excellent food.The room was so comfortable just like home. A perfect location for the local pubs and restuarants. Much to do and see in the local area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed three nights and could not have had a more friendly welcome. Paul and Susan were very genial hosts. Their very helpful local knowledge set us up to maximise our time. Nothing seemed too be too much bother.
Full English breakfast with proper sausages set us up for the day.
Lovely location with many attractions within a short distance away.
Next time in Yorkshire we know where will be staying.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Graham H
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Once again I stayed at the Cameron Court Hotel in June, (second time this year). I must say that this review is an addition to my previous one. I have already said how ideal this place is situated for Bird watching, Shops, The north Yorkshire steam railway, Eating out etc. I am adding to this what a great area for walking this is. There are plenty of easy (and not quite so easy) walks within a very short distance from the Cameron Court Hotel. Last time I visited, there were some cyclists and I am thinking of taking my push bike there next time as the area is quite easy as its not too hilly. I am looking forward to my next short break there in a few days and have packed my camera as there are stunning views very close, and hoping to see the puffins again. The reasons I keep returning to this hotel is the owners Susan and Paul are very pleasant and they keep the hotel spotlessly clean, The car parking is excellent, and the breakfast, made with the help of, and served by the hard working and pleasant Diane, is varied and you can choose from the variety of fruit, cereals, fruit juice, full English, toast, etc.
Five stars from me every time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

I have just discovered how to reply to 'trip advisor comments' and would like to thank you again Phil for your continued business. Looking forward to seeing you in 2013.

Been to Cameron Court Hotel? Share your experiences!