Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton
$92
The Old Star(Hambrook)
$123
$103
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$100
$90
Hotels.com
$65
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Bristol Filton Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$45
$113
$94
  • Pool
1,339 results
All reviewsexecutive roomhealth clubcity centrechanging roomsbar and restauranton the small sidereception stafffamily roomwould stay againleisure facilitiesmars barbreakfast was excellentone night staybusiness hotelevening mealtrouser pressmain course
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times and the price has increased each time even booking 21 days in advance. The breakfast is very good although expensive if you just fancy a slice of toast and coffee. Staff are very friendly and polite, however, when busy the wait for tea is too long. Hotel is clean and tidy but old and dated, rooms small compared to modern rooms. This hotel was built in the 1960s but not a Holiday Inn hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Holidayinn_Filton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for detailing your experience at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I always encourage guest feedback and can assure you that your comments have been noted for any necessary action to be taken.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Whilst my review is not for the hotel but for the excellent restaurant within, I would like to add that my stay was very pleasant and my room and bed was comfortable. Staff on the front desk were friendly enough and booking in and out was swift and conducted in a polite manner.

So down to the real business. Sampans Oriental Restaurant is one of 2 restaurants based in the hotel, the other is The Junction, which doubles up as the dining room for breakfast in the morning.
A friend and I were on business for four nights and ate here on Tuesday 8th and again with another friend on Wednesday 9th October. On both nights the food was excellent but the head chef John Swetnant outdone himself on the Tuesday with my main course of Thai Green curry served with fragrant rice. It was presented in a large soup like bowl and my rice in a small cereal like bowl. I really wish I had taken some photos now. When the food arrived I thought I was not going to be able to eat it all as portion sizes were quite substantial (this is not a criticism as the last time I dined here back in 2006 the portion sizes left a lot to be desired and I was still hungry after leaving) but the minute the spoon entered my mouth, I put that thought to the back of my head. It had the most flavoursome taste with every ingredient coming through, the coconut, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and it was just the right consistency, not watery with plenty of lean chicken (no gristle) and the right amount of vegetables as some chefs tend to put far too much vegetables and not enough meat. It also had just the right amount of heat that I like and the rice stayed hot all the way to the last grain. My friend was more adventurous and went for the fusion dish of Soy and Ginger Tuna Steak with chargrilled Pak Choi and he chose egg fried rice as his side. He too enjoyed his meal and praised the chef John on how well the tuna was cooked and how well the flavours complimented the dish by not overpowering the tuna steak.

We both had starters of Chicken Satay and Prawns Tempura, both equally tasty and well presented.

Our starters on the Wednesday of hot and sour soup and 2 Dim Sum dishes of Peking chicken dumplings (4) and crispy prawn wontons (6) were very good. The friend we dined with enjoyed his soup and said there was a lot of it with plenty of vegetables. He later struggled with his main course of special chow mein but ate it all as he said it was too good and he didn't want to leave any. My friend chose the stir fried chicken with cashew nuts and again he chose egg fried rice. However, he let the team down by not finishing all of his, but, this was due to the 3 pints of Guinness he had before the meal so I suppose he could be forgiven. I was sensible and decided to have a lighter dish of steamed sea bass with Thai spices and again had the fragrant rice. So pleased I chose this dish and would recommend this to anyone watching their weight as the dressing is very light and fresh, served with a nice amount of Pak Choi, carrots, sweet peppers and some shredded ginger. Lovely!

All in all, a great experience was had by all.

And I would like to give a special mention to the 2 waitresses who were clearly understaffed but smiled and was polite for the whole time we were there. Excellent service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Rosebud1111
Holidayinn_Filton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

What a fantastic review; thank you for taking the time to detail your experience in our Sampans Restaurant at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

It makes me very proud to read your comments. John will be extremely grateful for your kind feedback and I will be delighted to recognise and reward John and the Sampans team for their hard work.

Thank you once again for your review; I very much look forward to the opportunity of looking after you and your friends at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel due to business. Check in was efficient with welcoming and friendly staff. My room was of a good standard but the bathroom and shower a bit dated. Breakfast was very nice with lots of hot and cold choices including a full English, fruit and pastries. Much better quality and value than the Holiday Inn Express down the road!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Holidayinn_Filton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your overall stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton and that you particularly liked your breakfast experience. I am also pleased that your check-in was welcoming and friendly and that you found the rest of the hotel team to be efficient.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here for a night while doing a show at the Uni. Standard Holiday Inn experience. Staff generally very good and breakfast one of the best I've had. Price was very high at around £140 a night, but despite that, the place was full. I guess that's because Airbus, Rolls Royce, etc. are nearby, so they can charge what they like knowing that business travellers will be charging it to the company.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Holidayinn_Filton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am glad to read that you found the team to be good and that your breakfast was one of the best you've experienced. We endeavour to provide the best value for money for all of our guests; therefore I am sorry to read that you were disappointed by your room rate. Please do not hesitate to contact us on Bristol@ihg.com should you wish to stay with us again in the future, where we can offer you any special rates, including the University West of England corporate rate, subject to availability.

Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Three nights here for work, and a pretty reasonable stay. Food was OK, but not great - and we waited a long time to get served coffee one morning, which I suspect was down to understaffing - the restaurant manager looked very harassed.

Otherwise staff pleasant and helpful, room was clean and functional if not luxurious. Didn't try the swimming pool or spa but colleagues did and said it was fine.

Gets three stars only as, in keeping with HI policy, internet access is £5 per hour. I mean, really, in this day and age? Just a rip off. Problem is, the area was a bit of a black spot - we all struggled to get internet and phone signal so if you want reliable internet you're forced to use theirs.

Slightly better - I LOVE hotels which have a sign by the blue badge bays saying 'if you need assistance, please call this number'. A helpful, practical aid for people like me who struggle to carry bags and the like.

Oh hang on - I HATE hotels which have a sign by the blue badge bays saying 'if you need assistance, please call this 0871 number, which means that when you call us we earn money from it the moment we pick up the phone.'

Am I wrong, or is this just mean-spirited? The fact that many of the big chains especially have premium contact numbers really doesn't make me feel like a valued customer - just that some hotels want to gouge me for every penny they can. Is the fact that I've paid to stay the night and paid for my food enough for you?

Room Tip: If road noise is annoying for you, go for the rooms at the front of the hotel opposite the car part, as the dual carriageway is on the other side
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for highlighting your observations of the hotel.

We very much value your custom at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton and I am sorry to read that some aspects of your stay were not to your liking. I can assure you that I have taken your comments on board and that any necessary action will be taken.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to look after you once again in the future.