“A CHANGE OF OPINION from an earlier bad review”
Review of Nordic Inn

Nordic Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Dorset B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I wrote below that this was one of the worst places I've ever stayed, but there are new owners now and the place is much, much better. The restaurant is great -- pirogies in the woods, how great is that?!?

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank FrannyM65
There are newer reviews for Nordic Inn

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were tired of burgers and fries and wanted a home-cooked dinner. The Nordic Inn was the perfect spot! Great borscht. Eastern European dumplings ( similar to pierogies) with a mustard or a Georgian (eastern Europe, not USA) plum sauce. Brazilian Chicken with coconut was a kid amd parent favourite. An unexpected, but delicious series of gluten free dessert options. Loved the sniker snackers!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Amblesidedreamer
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had the pleasure of visiting this motel over the long weekend and it has gone through an amazing transformation. The new owners, Andrei and Marina, are very personable, and have started the long process of cleaning the place to make it once again a great place to stay in this beautiful area of Ontario. The new menu is impressive and we were happy to find such a good variety of healthy food choices. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We were happy to hear their ideas for improvements in the near future. We can not wait to get back to visit again soon. When you are in the Dorset area, be sure to visit just for a meal or for several relaxing days stay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart R
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The previous negative reviews should be disregarded. The hotel is under new management and our two nights stay was very pleasant. The hotel is well-situated in Dorset, clean and well-run. We very much enjoyed two nice, tasty and healthy dinners at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kenneth c
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've come across this site and was much surprised to read some negative reviews below. I visited Nordic Inn together with my wife quite recently, at the end of May 2012. We stayed there for 1 night and spend almost 2 whole days. I should say that this is one of the best motels I have ever visited. The rooms are spacious, neat and clean. There is a refrigerator, microwave and a TV set with Bell Satellite in each room. Everything is very comfortable and the beds are fresh. There is also a restaurant where hosts prepare traditional food as well as very healthy (and very tasty!) meals. You can also use a barbeque on your own. We were told that the ownership of the motel has changed only two months ago. The new owners are very nice persons, very attentive and polite. They are well aware of all the places of interest as well as of what's going on around. The whole atmosphere there is very friendly and relaxing. There's a lot of fun around, very beautiful places to see, good fishing. I've met a couple of the motel's guests who have caught very nice fish. I didn't go fishing this time but next time I will do it for sure. Together with my wife we are planning to go to Nordic Inn once again during this summer to spend a few days there, not just pass it by. I would highly recommend everybody to stay at Nordic Inn. Even to those who wrote negative reports here. We could clearly see that under this new ownership the motel is operated on a much higher level now. I am absolutely sure that no one will regret staying in this wonderful place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Andrei M
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I were visiting a friends cottage in the Dorset area and the Nordic Inn was recommended to us. We found it very clean and I liked that we were able to just park right outside our room door, this we found to be very convenient. They serve a delicous breakfast and reasonably priced. Jane and her husband were just so friendly and helpful, we would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary-anne B
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I have stayed at the Nordic this past June and have stayed several years back on several occasions. The Nordic is a pet friendly environment and the owners are always happy to assist to make your trip more enjoyable. The Nordic is located near walking trails and just borders crown land so there are is plenty of things to see. The rooms are clean and neat. There are pic nic tables and a fire pit if you wish to cozy up and have camp fire. Grills are also supplied for cooking. Just a realy relaxing place to stay. This is what travel used to be.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank firehorseBarrie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorset
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
Algonquin Lakeside Inn
Hidden Valley Resort
Hidden Valley Resort
#4 of 18 in Huntsville
Spring Lake Resort Motel and Restaurant
The Lake of Bays Lodge
Riverside Motel Dwight

Been to Nordic Inn? Share your experiences!