“Something has changed and not for the better”
Review of Port Perry Thai

Port Perry Thai
Ranked #15 of 65 Restaurants in Port Perry
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: we would like to bring the taste that we use to eat at back home to port perry . Hope people in this town open and come to try our AUTENTIC food.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had put up a great review for this restaurant but now I have to come back and write this little event that occurred.
We recently got take-out and the containers were not even half full.
When I called to let them know (I live about 20 mins away) they told me my next order would be on them. A week later I ordered take out, came in to collect and instead the manager or owner refused, offered me 50% and then ended up throwing me the cash of my previous order at me and told me never to come back...all in front of other customers. It's a shame because I did enjoy their food, I just had expectations of more in the take out order since I had ordered many times previous to this. A shame.

1  Thank PortL15

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I posted an "Amazing" review in 2012 about this restaurant and it WAS fabulous.

My last visit with my family was such a huge disappointment. I cannot believe the difference!

The Pad Thai was so oily and burnt tasting, it was gross.
The shrimp fried rice had only 2 small shrimp and was very salty.
The basil chicken was okay but they mixed up my order, and served rice not noodles and the portion was so tiny. I would be been embarrassed serving this. There was no basil, where before it was filled with fresh veggies and basil.
The mango salad - serioulsy what happend this use to be delish! It was over-loaded with nuts and oil and no taste. Even the dip sauce for the spring rolls did not have the lovely sweet chili thai flavour, it was all oil.

Oh and to top it off the lime in my water was rotton! Instead of a lemon - a rotton lime wedge! YUCK.

We left and ended up grabbing frozen yogurt. What happened? This seems to be a trend .... start out great and go downhill.

1  Thank A B
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The food is so oily that you can use it in your engine . The portions are small . Tons of salt in all the dishes . Crap food overall . Will never go there again . Have fun with heart problems with this place . Who said they have improved . Not happening in this place . Ugggggggly food .

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We now regularly order takeout and have not been disappointed. Our first experience here was not the best, but it has improved. I definitely recommend ordering takeout, the prices are fair and the food is always fresh. We even get a little "bonus" appetizer at times.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Delicious Thai food at a reasonable price. The lunch special includes soup and an egg roll with a main course. Service is prompt and courteous. The decor is minimalistic but the restaurant is clean and bright. A great place to pick up take out food also. We especially enjoy the Basil Chicken dish but the curries are also very good and the intensity can be varied according to taste.