“1 meal okay”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“1 meal okay”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We came on the recommendation of a friend whom we were visiting in town, We were seated immediately, even though the restaurant was quite busy. We had our menus & drinks quickly enough, although it did take some time to order our food. We ordered, and waitress asked if we wanted an appetizer, which we hadn't ordered, We asked what she'd recommend, she the calamari is quite poplar, so we order that. The calamari was quite good. The waitress returned and apologised for our food being a little late, (although it seem not all that long to me) but she had had a large order prior to ours, and our order would be out shortly (which it was). My wife's ribs and sweet potato fries were also good. The problem was my steak and potatoes. I found the roasted potatoes to quite dry & not at all enjoyable with no toppings (butter or sour cream) My steak was far to rare for my liking (almost blue), even though I had ordered it medium, pink inside ( I originally ordered med/well but the waitress recommended that would make it to dry, should've stuck with that). Needless to say it was disappointing, It was also sliced on the plate, so it's rather odd that it was so undercooked and no one noticed. When I mentioned it, the waitress took my plate and said she talk to the manager about it. Shortly he appeared and apologized. He said that it is what they considered medium here (perhaps they need to revisit their cooking skills). He offered to either have recooked or if I didn't want that, he take the meal off the bill, which I opted for. It's too bad, the potatoes needed butter, or sour cream, something to make them moist. The mushroom topping on the steak was quite good, the tomato side was okay. I'll give them credit for taking the meal off the bill, that means a lot. Maybe next time I'll order the mashed potatoes or fries, but unlikely steak.

• Visited July 2013

Blackstock, Ontario, Canada
“Not as Good as it used to be”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been to this rest numerous times in the past 3 years, but unfortunately the quality has been sliding. I suspect they have a new chef and likely a new meat supplier as the steak has gone from being very, very good to OK in the last 2 years.
The service is OK, the atmosphere is nice and the location on the patio on a summers evening is fantastic.
They now serve their meals on huge wooden plates and I think salmonella.
I will still go back, but I no longer brag about Harp & Wylie's

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Four adults two kids great food and service, sensible prices. burgers looked amazing and huge portions.
The wings were to die for

Visited August 2013
Port Perry, Canada
“A busy hub of deliciousness”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

An enjoyable restaurant, varied menu at good prices. You can never go wrong with the grilled options, steak, burgers, shrimp etc.
Getting a table on their outdoor patio puts you in the midst of busy parkland and bustling waterfront.

Visited August 2013
Port Perry, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Town”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Excellent for fancy night out but also Specialty burgers on the menu are great for a family dinner night.

Visited July 2013