“Best Restuarant in Port Perry”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pickles and Olives

Pickles and Olives
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Port Perry
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Port Perry, Canada
“Best Restuarant in Port Perry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I live in Port Perry and my favorite place to go is Pickles and Olives. Always a great selection of specials. My two favorites are the Prime Rib and the three cheese . My friends who live in Durham Region love dining at Pickles and Olives.

Toronto
“Definitely the poorest service ever experienced at a restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited Pickles and Olives (May 31st, 2013) after it being recommended to me by a friend for my mother's birthday celebration. It was a very hot andhumid day so we requested water and a pint of beer each (there were 6 in our party). It took us at least 15 minutes to get our beers and waters (the restaurant wasn't even full). We had to ask twice for water as the beer was so slow as they were changing the keg(we saw all of this but no one came and asked if we would like to change our order! The restaurant's AC wasn't working very well as the server even agreed with us at how hot it was in the restaurant! It took a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes to get our food with no explanation as to why and no offer of bread etc...something you would expect from a classy restaurant when they are so slow..
Once the food arrived the seafood pasta was very delicious and the caeser salad was very tasty but the Meditieranean Pizza was soggy and very poor! The waitress never checked in with us to see how things were so we ate it anyways as now it was nearing 4:00 and we arrived at 1:00. Most of this time was waiting! The restaurant doesn't work on the team work philosophy as 2 servers were wrapping cutlery in napkins behind the bar while our table was loaded with dirty dishes... needless to say we weren't impressed. My friend asked me how the experience was and she said you should call up the manager or owner and let them know so I did and I spole with "AMY" and she argued with me on the phone and said do you want me to look into this and I said yes. Well her speedy follow up still hasn't happened and that was 3 days ago. Now on the exact opposite of the scales yesterday I went to the new Jack Astors in Pickering and my pizza took a total of 20 minutes to cook and they came and offered me a free salad and the full bill was complementary for my friend and me $35.00, it was so shocking as we didn't expect that. I told the manager how smart he was as I will share with many people and that he should go and help train the Management at Pickles and Olives in Port Perry! Customer service at Pickles and Olives was simply disgusting and I eat out at a restaurant at least once a week!

2 Thank jen739
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This place is a great little bistro which is awesome for lunch or dinner. The service is great, and the decor very pretty. They have a great menu with a variety of items, and offer some tasty specials. Can be busy, so I suggest a reservation if your doing something special or unable to wait. But well worth it! Great place!

Visited June 2013
ontario
“6 for dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent meals! Staff are great! But you must make a reservation....the place is packed! Can be a little pricey but worth it.

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Ontario
“One of our favorites.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Until this restaurant opened Port Perry had been a bit of a culinary dead zone.

This is now our "go to" place for entertaining clients or visitors to town. The menu and specials are intelligently selected and consistently executed, and the prices are reasonable enought that you're not afraid to order a second bottle of wine.

Highly recommended.