“Great Food”

Great Blue Heron Charity Casino
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Port Perry
More attraction details
Owner description: Owned by the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation, this small casino offers more than 50 game tables including Pai Gow, card poker, mini-baccarat and roulette.
Whitby,Ontario
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

First time at Blue Heron a couple weeks ago the server told us right off there was a new chef therefore new menu food was amazing large portions worth every penny the taco salad is to die for !!!

Visited April 2013
Food and Bev Ma... M, Manager at Great Blue Heron Charity Casino, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review on Great Blue Heron Charity Casino. As Food & Beverage Manager I can assure you that we use each review to help move the bar forward with both food quality and Guest service.

The taco salad is one of our new menu items for spring and summer. To date we have recieved a lot of compliments and it looks to be a hit. To keep our menu fresh we now look at a spring and fall menu cycle where we can add or delete items as they become popular. We understand competition is high in the Casino industry and we look forward to your return as a happy Guest.

See you on the gaming floor!

Oshawa, Canada
“fan and games”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

great interternet for every body. pocket slot machines to card games roulets food drinks spend as much you want .service is great pley what your heart desire as long you want from musical to singing slots .I enjoy comming here more then to any other casino

Port Perry, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“" It's Okay "”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm not a big gambler.. But I've been to a few casino's and it's an Okay Casino. When I go again it probably will be Great Blue Heron Casino..

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“DON'T BOTHER, THEY THINK YOUR DRUNK!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

First time I checked this place out and certainly the last time I set foot in that place.

Lastnight was the first time I decided to check this place out with a friend who frequents this place out. The staff was nice in the beginning when I signed up for a players card and got a 15.00 voucher for the tables. Here is where the service of the staff perfectly displays why you should skip this place and gamble elsewhere. Thru the evening we decided to get a drink. I approach the bar and ask for 2 pints of Bud. The bartender lady states she can only serve one (i was by myself cause my friend was at the tables), understood so I walked away looked for my friend then came back to the bar. When she saw I was with somebody, she had the audacity to tell me I have already ordered over 4 scotch and sodas and that I cannot have anymore...........Funny how I don't drink scotch and how wasted I apparently looked.........The waiter then became all defensive and rude with my friend and I while I stood there in utter confusion. I turned around and ironically there was a suited guard standing behind us. After that useless confrontation she apologizes and says we fit the description of two other people. Odd, I looked around for another white guy and brown guy hanging out together and didnt see any besides us. .....................If your staff is able to obtain a "smart serve" license, then they should also learn to distinguish intoxicated people. (I would understand if the place was overflowing with people, but it was pretty dead in there on a wed night)

So basically save the drive and go to OLG slots in ajax or casino rama.

Or if you don't drink then quite possibly your ok to have a good time there, just don't stumble you could be drunk off all that oxygen being pumped in there..................

4 Thank bradr879

Unlike a typical bar environment, we do have to monitor Guest consumption of alcohol to ensure we promote Responsible Gaming. It is typical in a gaming facility to manage Guests to one drink per hour. We also strive to ensure that tracking is done accurately and each drink per hour is recorded. This, as you have been made aware, is sometimes not accomplished correctly. I am sorry for your last experience.

As a result we have recently reviewed how we monitor our Guests and their alcohol consumption to a point where we have changed to a “Risk Based” alcohol consumption policy. Going forward our service team will use the skills as tested in the Smart Serve program to do more accurate assessments by engaging the Guest through conversation and interaction. Our goal is through re-training our teams we will avoid the service you received on your last visit.

We hope to see you return as a valued Guest.
Port Perry, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Do not go for the food”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Revisited the casino on Easter weekend to grab some lunch and blow $20 on the slots . It was very busy and we had to park at the end of the parking lot . When we got in we decided to try thr buffet . Big mistake . Tired tough roast beef and dried out ham at the carving board . Only a small seection of veggies and other things are available . I noticed many of the tables around us ordered from the menue , they probably have eaten there before .
Despite a constant line of people using the bathrooms they appeared clean and well supplied .The general appearence of the casino is good but do not expect great food .

Visited March 2013