“A cruise to remember”
Review of Scugog Island Cruises - CLOSED

Scugog Island Cruises
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Port Perry
The town is located east of Uxbridge and southwest of Peterborough.

Lake Scugog Island Cruises
The Friendly and accommodating staff make you feel very welcome.
Enjoy a beautiful lake cruise on the two-deck cruise ship named "The Woodman" and discover Lake Scugog's splendor on this narrated sightseeing tour.

This is an experience for young and old. Relaxing and affordable for Seniors.

Port Perry is known as a tourist destination and for its picturesque, Victorian-era downtown, with many clothing stores, restaurants, cafés, bookstores, galleries and antique shops.

A definite must see, and an experience you'll remember.

My personal video may be viewed at: http://youtu.be/YBtuG9y640k

Bon Voyage

8  Thank Hvpcan

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My girlfriend treated me a cruise on The Woodman for my birthday. A bunch of us went and we all had a good time. Staff were friendly and very informative. I never knew the history of the area., and how the lake actually was formed until today. It is an artificially flooded lake, when William Purdy and sons dammed the Scugog river in 1834 to power his grist mill. Great sceanery as you go along. They had a colouring contest and a smile contest for the kids., which was good. I would recomend this cruise.

7  Thank anthrax
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The skipper said, "This is the windiest I have ever seen Lake Scugog. You folks are seeing the biggest waves we've ever cruised in." Yes, it WAS a windy day, and some were humming the theme song from the TV show "Gilligan's Island" as we boarded the M V Woodman at the public docks in downtown Port Perry. However, we had a lovely time, with a delicious lunch, refreshing beverages and beautiful scenery during our TWO hour cruise. The biggest excitement occurred when we returned to the dock, and the crew struggled to keep the boat from being blown off the dock. Congratulations to the skipper and crew for a most enjoyable adventure!

5  Thank n m
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Last Summer I had a visitor from Newmarket and so I took her on the Lake Scugog cruise. It was so peaceful and enjoyable, and we met a father and his adult daughter, who sat with us, and who made the trip even more enjoyable. I have a visitor from England coming this Summer, so I will bring her on a trip too.

8  Thank Gloria G
See more reviews
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Port Perry,Ont.is home to one of Canada's top tourist destinations in the world.

The Woodman is an experience like no other.
The spectacular scenery on the Woodman cruising on Lake Scugog is second to none.

There are a wide variety of cruises to choose from with great rates .
What impresses me the most is the exceptional service of all the crew members with Captains Ed and Betty Penny at the forefront of it all.

I highly recommend the Woodman as a must experience for tourists as well as Port Perry residents to enjoy!

8  Thank JOYFOREVER