“The Woodman - Scugog Island Cruises”
Review of Scugog Island Cruises - CLOSED

Scugog Island Cruises
toronto
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“The Woodman - Scugog Island Cruises”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My girlfriend treated me a cruise on The Woodman for my birthday. A bunch of us went and we all had a good time. Staff were friendly and very informative. I never knew the history of the area., and how the lake actually was formed until today. It is an artificially flooded lake, when William Purdy and sons dammed the Scugog river in 1834 to power his grist mill. Great sceanery as you go along. They had a colouring contest and a smile contest for the kids., which was good. I would recomend this cruise.

Visited July 2013
7 Thank anthrax

Uxbridge, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great outing for vintage motorcycle club members”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The skipper said, "This is the windiest I have ever seen Lake Scugog. You folks are seeing the biggest waves we've ever cruised in." Yes, it WAS a windy day, and some were humming the theme song from the TV show "Gilligan's Island" as we boarded the M V Woodman at the public docks in downtown Port Perry. However, we had a lovely time, with a delicious lunch, refreshing beverages and beautiful scenery during our TWO hour cruise. The biggest excitement occurred when we returned to the dock, and the crew struggled to keep the boat from being blown off the dock. Congratulations to the skipper and crew for a most enjoyable adventure!

Visited May 2013
5 Thank n m
Uxbridge, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Summer relaxation”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Last Summer I had a visitor from Newmarket and so I took her on the Lake Scugog cruise. It was so peaceful and enjoyable, and we met a father and his adult daughter, who sat with us, and who made the trip even more enjoyable. I have a visitor from England coming this Summer, so I will bring her on a trip too.

Visited August 2012
8 Thank Gloria G
Port Perry, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Experience the Woodman-Port Perry,Ont,Canada”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Port Perry,Ont.is home to one of Canada's top tourist destinations in the world.

The Woodman is an experience like no other.
The spectacular scenery on the Woodman cruising on Lake Scugog is second to none.

There are a wide variety of cruises to choose from with great rates .
What impresses me the most is the exceptional service of all the crew members with Captains Ed and Betty Penny at the forefront of it all.

I highly recommend the Woodman as a must experience for tourists as well as Port Perry residents to enjoy!

Visited July 2012
8 Thank JOYFOREVER
Toronto, Canada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“What a Treat!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

These boating excursions are not to be missed. They are so enjoyable - commentary along the way describing the sights and scenery - catered food prepared extremely well and lots of it - plenty of parking near the dock - and a most competent crew. The prices for various excursions are VERY reasonable and there are many to choose from. Before and afterwards, there is the charming Village of Port Perry to meander through. Warm and friendly as always!

Visited October 2012