“OK, but not great”

Water's Edge Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Bobcaygeon
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: *CLOSED FOR THE SEASON* Water's Edge Restaurant, Finest Casual Dining - water front dining and covered patio over looking canal at Bobcaygeon locks - call to reserve your table and docking (if coming by boat)
“OK, but not great”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here twice since the new owners took over. It's more expensive now and not as good. Service was excellent and the food was okay but a bit pricey.
I can see from the other reviews that the owner gets upset with any negative comments, well too bad as this site is for the good and bad.
I had the roast beef sandwich with fries. The presentation is very disappointing, just the sandwich and fries so it was beige, perhaps some lettuce or tomato on the plate would help.
A reply to an earlier review gave a detailed explanation regarding why frozen fries were better that fresh. Well I don't buy into that, if I want frozen fries I'll eat somewhere cheaper. Funny how the local chip trucks can make fresh fries, but this restaurant can't.
As others have noted, the location is the best in Bobcaygeon, but I don't really think I would eat there again.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Logan D

“Great afternoon”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This seemed like a dream, what a great setting, we stopped having had a great tour of the area , we sat next to the edge of the lake while small boats moored by the restaurant looking for refreshments, staff we're very friendly but we had to move because it was fully booked in 30 mins time. If you want to go make a reservation, definatly return here

Visited July 2014
Buckhorn, Canada
“Best choice for Lunch in Bobcaygeon”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you are looking for a casual spot to stop for lunch\dinner, this is the place. We usually stop by via boat and the staff will reserve you a docking space if you call ahead.

Menu is fantastic but usually have the beef sandwich or special depending on the day. Nice selection of house wines and bottle choices. I tend to bring both friends and customers as the atmosphere is perfect if you sit outside on the patio.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Andrew S
Peterborough, Canada
“Beautiful location, great service.”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We returned to the Waters Edge restaurant after an absence of a few years as we had been told there was new owners. Overall our impression was positive and we enjoyed our evening.

First of all ...the location .. situated dockside in the beautiful village of Bobcaygeon. Nothing finer and more relaxing as having a couple of drinks and watching the boats go by.
The service was great, our server went out of her way to make us feel 'at home ' with a relaxed friendly and efficient manner.
The food was good but not great. My wife and I had the evening special which was pickerel which in itself was very good, nicely cooked with a lemon garlic butter sauce which enhanced the taste of what can be a 'bland' tasting fish. Unfortunately the accompanying sides lacked what would have made the meal very good. The rice was tasteless and the vegetable medley of beans, broccoli and carrots seemed to have been added to the meal as a steamed 'plate filler'.
Overall the location makes this a special place... more efforts is required to improve the overall meal quality.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank JBH44
COTU
“Enjoyable stop at the patio”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is a great spot with and amazing view of the channel in Bobcaygeon.
Our server Holly was very good and informed us of the daily special and soup. I chose the daily special of lobster taquitos and my husband chose the shaved prime rib on a bun. As recommended by our server we both chose the fries - big mistake on the fries - frozen coated fries - wished they would have been fresh cut :( - she did offer us the salad - wish I had picked that! Our lunch was good but the presentation was lacking :( 3 taquitos and fries - beef on a bun and fries - Missing the little extra like au jus and pickle slice with the beef and maybe a slice of lemon with the lobster. This is a great location and the presentation of the food needs a step up.

• Visited July 2014