“Great view, Great service”

Water's Edge Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Bobcaygeon
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: *CLOSED FOR THE SEASON* Water's Edge Restaurant, Finest Casual Dining - water front dining and covered patio over looking canal at Bobcaygeon locks - call to reserve your table and docking (if coming by boat)
Woodstock
“Great view, Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I visited the restaurant on a whim in late October during a night away without the kids. We had checked tripadvisor for names of restaurant in town and after driving around to see the sights and check out the town we decided to eat here. We were looking for something a bit up scale from our usually eateries without going too formal. The Waters Edge was perfect. As their sign said it was "The Finest Casual Dining". As it was a Monday night in October the restaurant was not busy, with a table of 6 the only other patrons when we came in, although more people came in during our stay. Our server Michael was awesome. He was extremely friendly and helpful in aiding us in making a menu selection. He informed us all about "Henry" the Blue Heron who landed on their patio railing and looked in the window. Michael told us he had hung around all summer and came by regularly for visits.
The food came out in the time I would expect at a place such as this. Being a more upscale place we did not expect speed and we enjoyed the time we had to talk, enjoy some drinks, soak up the view and watch Henry.
I had the striploin and my wife the Waters Edge Chicken. Both were enjoyable and tasty. Although their menu did not list sauteed mushrooms or onions for the steak I inquired if it was possible to get some. Michael advised that it certainly was and asked if I would like both, which I happily agreed. The steamed vegetables that came with the steak were done just right and the baked potato was excellent as well. My wife loved the Waters Edge Chicken which was a baked chicken topped with sautéed mushrooms, onions, peppers smothered and baked with cheese. We also shared an appetizers of escargot and desert. I can't remember what the exact name of the desert was but it was like a cookies and cream tort. It was absolutely delicious and we finished it up although we were already full.
Michael asked if we would like more drinks when we finished our desert, to which i replied I would love to but we needed to drive back to our hotel. He informed it was possible that some of the staff could drive us and our vehicle back to the hotel if we would like. He quickly went to the kitchen to confirm this was possible and came back to let us know they could do that for us. It was a very tempting jester but we thankfully declined.
All and all my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time and meal at the Waters Edge. The food was very good and the service we received from Michael we exceptional. We would go back if we were in the area again.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Mike M

“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

After being told how incredible this restaurant is we were disappointed with the food. It was average at best. The saving grace of this restaurant is that the views are amazing.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Laura N
Orillia, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

The food was excellent and they had a choice of gluten free pasta and bread, which I was impressed with since the majority of restaurants haven't started offering this. The service was fast and pleasant. There were six at our table and everyone was very satisfied and we will be going back. The food is excellent and delightfully different.

1 Thank Carol J
Peterborough, Canada
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is our second time at this restaurant since the new owners have been there which is I think about seven months. The first time, we thought the menu was a bit limited and all the main dishes seemed to have cheese with them. It was not great and the garlic mash seemed to have no garlic and it was like it had been made with water. The desserts were disappointing.. We thought we would give it a second try for my birthday and was still very disappointed. The pear and goats cheese salad was so bland and tasteless. It should have been made with a stronger cheese like blue or Stilton and the burger tasted frozen and not homemade. We won't go again which is a shame because it use to be the best restaurant in Bobcaygeon.

1 Thank corinnelvis
Whitby, Canada
“Lovely evening at the Water's Edge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We decided to have a quick get away in Bobcaygeon at a friend's cottage. Although we wanted to get away from it all we certainly didn't want to end up cooking and cleaning. A reservation at the Water's Edge took care of everything we needed for the evening. The warm welcome, our excellent waitress (who very graciously allowed us to move to another table so we could enjoy the warmth of the sunset) and of course, the star of the show, THE FOOD! I had the veal parmesan and my husband had the prime rib. Both meals were great. The portions were plentiful, ingredients fresh and perfectly cooked, the presentation was lovely and the taste....mmmm... mouth watering. A little bit of wine, tiramisu and a night cap took the meal over the edge and up to heaven. We will most definitely return.