“One of the worst restaurant experiences I have had”

Lock Thirty-Two Pub
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Bobcaygeon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lindsay, Canada
“One of the worst restaurant experiences I have had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I visited this establishment today and was literally offended by the terrible service.

My girlfriend and I walked in and the waitress (owner?) said "follow me" and led us to our table. She asked if we needed time right after we picked up the menu, and we said a few minutes. 10-15 minutes later she came over and silently took our orders... it was a really negative vibe we were getting. I thought it was just me, but my girlfriend mentioned it as well before we got our food.

I paid $2.50 for a Diet Coke (that was actually a regular Pepsi) and she didn't stop by once for a refill or to ask us if she wanted anything. In the meantime, she visited every other table and was friendly to them. I got the special (peameal sandwich and fries) and my girlfriend got the fish and chips.

The fries were the typical greasy fare from your average greasy spoon that doesn't change the oil at all. My sandwich was edible but I wouldn't order it again. My girlfriend thought the fish was alright, but it also was left in the deepfrier too long and had that "oil-should-have-been-changed-last-year" look to it.

I can't even begin to explain how negative the experience was. I felt it the minute I walked in and should have followed my initial gut reaction and walked out. She made it seem like we were doing a grave disservice by supporting her business. When we thanked her for the drink and food she gave us a cold look and said nothing. They didn't thank us when we paid and basically ignored us the entire time, even though they had to walk past our table constantly to help the others.

Was it because the other patrons were locals? Was early in the tourist season and thus they hadn't gotten used to treating new customers like paying human beings? The fact that I am a man with long hair? Whatever it was, we apparently didn't deserve fair treatment. I have no idea. It was absolutely horrible and I would recommend going anywhere else in Bobcaygeon.

Oh yeah, $27 and change for our meal too. $2.50 for the wrong drink without refills and the opportunity to be glared at and ignored. Terrible. It was the kind of experience that makes you hope this place goes bankrupt, because they didn't deserve a dime from us.

• Visited May 2011
4 Thank Acer660

Oshawa, Canada
“I'd maybe have a beer, but certainly not order food again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

Went for lunch the day before Water's Edge. Paid the same money for a returned sandwich here as I did for a gourmet meal the next day. And $3.50 for iced tea????? horrendous. 4 of us agreed we'd not return.

1 Thank OshawaBev
kjungurl, General Manager at Lock Thirty-Two Pub, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Bev,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. Your remarks are carefully analyzed. Your opinion it has been valuable because you have given us important elements in order to achieve a better service and client’s satisfaction and really sorry about yours negative perceptions .

We regret that we did not fulfil your expectations, however, your remarks were exaggerated, as far as price point is concerned.

We kindly ask you to give us another opportunity so you can forget this bad experience.

J. Given
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great pub grub, service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

Great pub grub, service is usually pretty fast.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook