“Best place in bobcaygeon”

Just for the Halibut
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Bobcaygeon
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Original Just for the Halibut has been part of the Bobcaygeon Heritage for decades. Offering our world famous Halibut and Chips, in-house ground burgers, Certified Angus steaks, beers from around the province and worldwide as well as wines to complement any dish. Don't forget dessert! We have dishes for everyone in the family and a kids menu too.open Wednesday to Sunday please note menu on this web site is not our correct menu
“Best place in bobcaygeon”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

For the past 10+ years we come to Bobcaygeon and enjoy a lovely dinner at this establishment. The owners are amazing at hosting you. The servers are polite and friendly, and the food is absolutely delishous. I mostly have the fish, but their steaks and pasta dishes are awesome too. My children have had their burgers which are HUGE, and smell absolutely wonderful! You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013

Barrie, Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We've been here before. Fenelon Falls is our "summer home".
This was my folks 71st anniversary. Couldn't ask for better selection or service.

Visited June 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Fantastic Halibut!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went to Just for the Halibut on Thursday July 4. I have to say this was the best fish and chips I have had in a long time! We were a group of 9 consisting of 4 adults and 5 kids. All adults got the halibut and chips. We were all very happy with it. The batter was just perfect! The servers were extremely friendly, paying extra special attention to our kids needs. The desserts were excellent. The prices are very competitive to other fish and chip locations. The restaurant is very clean and spacious! If I didn't live 3 hours away, I would definitely become a regular. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to my friends and family. Hope to go back there again someday.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sis8family
Guelph, Canada
“Good fish, not cheap.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

It must be hard to buy quality and serve cheaply.

The building is a converted home or something and the waiting area is a little awkward. There is a unisex washroom by the take out window and washrooms way in the basement. Go to the front washroom if you're handicapped at all.

The food was nice and the service was good. I think the kitchen was a little slow but they did a good job. I had the clam chowder on special and it was generous and tasty. Dinners are 20$ or more each.

The atmosphere is fine but as I said the building is a little awkward.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bo V
Buckhorn, Canada
“Best Fish and Chips around”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

People drive from all over to enjoy what can best be described as the best Fish and Chips around. The owner and his family all work in the restaurant they regularly come by to make sure all is well. The Halibut is recommended, nice light coating with a wheel barrow of fries. The service is terrific. Go there. Check to see their hours because I believe they are closed at the beginning of the week.

Visited November 2012