“Quaint spot in a great location”

Bobcaygeon Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bobcaygeon
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We enjoyed a romantic stay at the Inn in early September. The building is older and quirky but that only added to the charm. We had a room with a double hot tub and fireplace and it overlooked the waterway. It was great!
The décor really fit the character of the Inn and the bed itself was very comfortable. The hall and stair carpets however, need to be replaced as they are well worn and stained.
The outside area was wonderful. We sat along the waterway and enjoyed a quiet afternoon in the sun right outside the building we stayed in.
There was also a lovely patio bar and restaurant from which we could view the many watercraft in the area. The food and drinks were very good and the atmosphere terrific.
The owners of the Inn were most gracious and made our stay even better.
This is a place where you can step back a bit in time and soak in the character!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank famintagrace

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Inn has the potential to be great if the right owners dump some money into it. My husband and I stayed there last night when we were in town for a wedding. Everything is run down. The whole place needs a power wash on the outside and the inside is worse. The bed felt like we were sleeping on a box spring that had a light pad on time. The shower sprayed the ceiling. The soaker tub and fireplace were supposed to be features of our room the the fireplace was surrounded by plywood and the tub was surrounded by old gross out of date pink tiles that had holes in it. There were stains on the bedspread, half the room had indoor outdoor carpet the other half was hardwood. Just terrible!! We paid $165 for the night and we could have had a gorgeous room downtown Toronto for that price. Way over priced for a small town and a dated inn. Stains on the hallway carpets omg I could go on. The patio from their bar and grill was really nice but again totally needed a good wash down, spiders everywhere and service was terrible. I know it's a small town but would it be too much to ask for their staff to dress a little professional and bring more then one drink at a time to the table??? What a terrible experience. We were really looking forward to a night away and it was ruined.

Room Tip: water view is nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank harmony m
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was quite the experience. The outside patio is a great place, cool, by the river. It should be hopping with people. The place is tired, shabby, dirty and the owners are brutally rude and seem to be drunk all the time.
I understand the place is up for sale. Hopefully the new owners, when/if they buy, will give the place a complete overhaul and give this lovely old building the treatment it deserves.
it's in a gem of a location, but you have been warned.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed June 4, 2013

... simply rotten. First impression, when crossing the verandah to the registration, there were 3 chairs, originally white but now dirty. Plus an ash tray which had not been cleaned for weeks. The whole place is desperately in need of maintenance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HerbertWien
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Bobcaygeon Inn for 3 nights during Family Day long weekend. We stayed in room #5 which had a great view of the river from the bedroom and bathroom. There was a nice flat screen tv, gas fireplace, and hardwood floors, as well as a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The room was very clean and pretty, the hallways were a little dark, but we like the charm of older buildings. It was very quiet, it was like we had the place to ourselves. The owners and staff are very nice, we had dinner at the restaurant the second night and the food was great! We got there kind of late, and they were about to close but they were nice enough to stay and make us dinner anyway. They also gave us advise on other places to eat, we had breakfast at a diner across the street the first morning, and dinner at embers grill house. The second day we had breakfast at Macdoo's. It is only a few minutes to walk downtown to all the restaurants and shops. Apparently it is very slow in the winter so there are not too many places open, or they close early.
If you are super fussy and want a 5 star resort, go somewhere else and you will pay alot more. But if you want an affordable, cozy, relaxing place to stay this is a great choice. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kim S
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Not sure what happened but I've seen this before with poor Trip Advisor reviews. My negative reviews and others have been replaced with positive reviews. In June 2012 I went here with a friend to have lunch on the patio. On the positive side the view on the patio was terrific and the service we received from our waitress was prompt and very friendly. However the food was terrible and over priced. I had the perch and chips. It tasted like microwaved Captain Highliner. As I stated previously we should have stuck with the beer and skipped the food.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jakobj
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Inn the weekend of July 20th for 2 nights – came in from Nova Scotia as we were attending a relative’s wedding in Buckhorn. This was one of the closest hotels/inns we could find. There were 5 of us and we booked 3 rooms - the other 2 rooms were nicer then room #15. As many of the reviews have noted; the owners do like their drink and are very rude; especially the man. I wanted to book a manicure and there is a link on their website to the salon attached to the inn but there is no separate number. I called to book an appointment not realizing I was calling the inn and the owner quite rudely said to me “did you not just call?” .. I mentioned I was trying to book an appointment … he gave me the number and slammed the phone in my ear making a snotty comment like “well, I would not post my neighbour’s number on my website” … The bed was rock hard and there was an incredible amount of dust; especially on the window coverings with a moth covered in so much dust – wondered how long it had been there!?!?! The shower was so small you could barely turn around with a curtain too short so water went everywhere on the floor after showering! I would probably not stay at the Inn again however; the area is so beautiful ... I would look into a bed and breakfast next time.

Room Tip: Do not book room 15
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SillyGirl4u
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bobcaygeon
Village Inn of Lakefield
#5 of 8 in Bobcaygeon
Westwind Inn
Westwind Inn
#1 of 1 in Buckhorn

Been to Bobcaygeon Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!