“Country Good!”

New Rockland Motel
New Rockland Motel
Ranked #1 of 8 Bobcaygeon B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Part of our honeymoon was a stay over at New Rockland Hotel We had room 11 which the view is out of this world!
It was a home away from home, the place was so nice and clean the sent upon entry was of clean linen which for me I knew,the place was well taken care of.
The owner Nalini showed us 3 rooms all of them nice and clean. We decided on room 11 it was so spacious like a very small apartment everything was in there. The owner even has dishes a coffee pot microwave & the tea kettle for your use along with a small fridge.
A nice dinning room area just for two.
Facing the balcony your're looking out into the canal from cozy chairs. You can see the sun set many song birds. We woke up to crows and loons just beautiful!
I only wish they had WI.FI

Room Tip: By far the best room is #11
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mia O

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed over on a Saturday/Sunday in July, and were pleasantly surprised at the room. It is old, yes, a little dated in the decorating but the motel is a retro diamond. Bathroom is small in our room, but actual room was larger than expected. The owners are friendly, and the location is mint! Right close to everything. I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Canadian064
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were in rooms 3 and 4 on ground level. The room was clean, but needs to be updated. Could use clock radio. Fan in bathroom is noisy. No frills motel. Should be cheaper. Haven't stayed at any other motels/B&B in area so cannot compare.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

During a trip to take my 88 year old mom away for her birthday I at first off the internet had booked at the inn but when we arrived my goodness what a change of heart I had arriving there leaving me to find other accomodations, I drove to the New Rockland Motel with hopes I could get a room for my mom who was hot tired and hungry, Well I must tell you within 5 minutes of meeting Hasu and Nina we were welcomed with no reservations shown a clean welcoming room and treated for the whole week like we were wanted there. They go above and beyond in any way they can to make your stay more enjoyable. I must say we relaxed watched the boats and just had the nicest vacation and made good friends which will bring us back over and over to holiday at this motel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank annaHamilton893
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Best location in town! Walking distance to stores and restaurants and a beautiful view of the water. The owners are very friendly and helpful. We visit Bobcaygeon 2 or 3 times a year and always stay here.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a balcony and water view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wendy N
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place was exactly what I needed at this time. I had the unfortunate need to stay in Bobcaygeon to attend the memorial service / life celebration gathering for my dear brother Terry who passed away in March who along with his wife Anne have been long time residents of the area. Although my heart was heavy to be there for the reason I was Nalini and Hasu extended caring and compassion right from the beginning when I first called to book a room. I had only seen a photo on the internet of the New Rockland and had no personal recommendations to go by but it "felt right" and that was confirmed when I first spoke to Nalini on the phone. I arrived later than expected to check in but rather than be upset with me she said that she had called my home out of concern to see if I was okay. While there I needed quiet time on my own so they fully respected the "do not disturb" sign I had hung on my door the entire 4 nights and 3 days I was there. But I could feel their caring and attentiveness in their non intrusive way. And they gave me the nicest room in the place! I couldn't have asked for anything better. It was big and bright, open and spacious, clean and comfortable. Almost one entire wall of the room was a picture window that looked over the canal with a view of the water, trees and sky. And if I wanted to sit outside there was an almost exclusively private balcony to take it all in. It felt like it was all hand chosen just for me right down to the "perfect for me" decor.The room had a kitchenette with dishes, etc., a dining area and sitting area. It was clean with an up graded bathroom and comfy bed. I couldn't have asked for more. It felt as comfortable and welcoming as home. Being on the second floor the stairs were a bit of a challenge with my excessive luggage and groceries but even with that Hasu offered his assistance.They were such easy proprietors to deal with and to be around. And just outside my door there were places to walk such as along the canal and over to Pigeon Lake and around town and into the shops and stores and I even found a Tim Hortons just a few blocks away that I was able to walk to. What more could I ask for! When I first arrived and saw that my room over looked the street I was a bit concerned about noise level especially with it being a weekend but it was not a problem at all and what little noise I did hear quieted down not long after midnight so it wasn't an issue. My other brother,Terry's twin, and his wife also came to attend the gathering and when he stopped in before he left for home and saw my room he was very impressed (and envious) They had chosen another place in town to stay at and he told me of the trouble they had with their bed being so soft that the only way they could comfortable enough to sleep was to lay sideways with one of them at the top of the bed and one along the bottom. Along with the poor mattress their room just wasn't anywhere as roomy or as nice as mine nor had it the view I did; and to top it off there was only a nominal price difference between their room and mine. So be wise, don't take any chances, and do stay at the Rockland. You'll be glad you did (especially if you can get room # 11)! Thanks again Nalini and Hasu. God bless you.

Room Tip: From my experience and point of view room #11 is the best of all the rooms! It is large, open, spaci...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Laurie-Anne B
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have stayed on two separate occasions at the New Rockland Motel.
Both times we were not disappointed. The motel is well situated--within walking distance of the main street in Bobcaygeon where there are many retail shops and restaurants. Some rooms face the canal-- a lovely view in the Spring. It was quite fascinating to see the boats navigate through the canal locks.
The rooms are very clean, quiet and spacious. It was convenient to prepare some meals in the kitchenette. We also enjoyed reading while sitting in the comfortable chairs.
The owner of this motel is extremely friendly, professional and accommodating.
We would definitely stay at this motel again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laurie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bobcaygeon
Kent Inn
Riverside Caygeon B&B
Riverside Caygeon B&B
#5 of 8 in Bobcaygeon
Eganridge Resort, Country Club & Spa

Been to New Rockland Motel? Share your experiences!