“Great view and good food too!”
Review of New Fallsview Restaurant - MOVED

New Fallsview Restaurant
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had our meal on the terrace overlooking the falls, which was noisey but very pleasant. I had chicken souvlaki which I found tastey and filling and my husband had the pickeral dinner. He said it was the best he had ever had.The prices were acceptable, not overly expensive, and we enjoyed our meal. I am really surprised by the bad reviews posted recently as we experienced an excellent meal and great service in a unique setting.

2  Thank kellyh558

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The location was great beside the Falls and we sat on the terrace which had a nice view but was extremely loud. I had souvlaki, pork and chicken was tasted nothing like souvlaki I have ever tasted before. The pork was very tough and both were very bland in flavour. My husband had chicken Parmesan which was also very tasteless. The service was good though, sorry that the food wasn't better:(

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Where to begin........

We took our daughters here on the way home from a day out for dinner. The view from the patio is amazing and thats about it.

The food is horrendous. We ordered pizza, fish and chips and a childs pasta with a side cesar salad.

The fish and chips was Captain Highliners boxed special of the week from the grocery store down the road along with McCain superfries served on what may have been a piece of lettuce at one time or another - given is odd colouring and wilted appearance thats my guess.

The child's pasta was enough to feed three children! The pasta was a soggy, sticky lump that could be picked up as one big ball for all of us to gnaw on. The sauce was supposed to have been alfredo but tasted more like flour and glue. We sent it back and explained that it was not good. Expect not to pay for it? NOOOOO we paid $12.50 for that bowl of pasta that ended up serving the stray dog in the alley no doubt. The worst part? No apology for the lousy food or an offer to bring my daughter something else - poor kid ate peaches and almonds from my purse for dinner! Poor service

The pizza was passable if you like tomato sauce from a can opened 10 years ago and enough greasy cheese to top 10 pizzas. The crust? Burnt to a crisp on the outside and delightfully raw and gooey inside. An amazing combination I can tell you that!

The cost for this meal from hell $90 without taxes and tip. TOTAL RIP OFF!!!!

The service was subpar at best, one ketchup to share with the 12 tables on that patio so it had to keep leaving to get passed around to other tables.

DINERS BEWARE, this place is horrible.

In hindsight we would have been better off eating at the Subway down the road and enjoying the free park across from the restaurant for the view.

Never again, worst meal I have ever had at a restauarant

2  Thank Catharinef
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The only thing good about this place is the view. Everything in this place for the most part is frozen from a can or out of a box. Don't believe me.....give it a try. Try one of thier several Home made soups....ya right. Or give there rings a try.....thanks Mr McCain. The pizza might be made fresh here...but they have managed the capture the taste of a frozen one. SORRY, the half
piece of bacan on my "frozen from a box chicken club" did apear
to be the real cooked stuff but the jury's still out on that.

2  Thank karl s
Reviewed March 5, 2013

as i stated the view is great but the food leaves a lot to be desired. We were both disapointed and said we wouldn't return