“The purveyors of awesomeness!”

Horseless Carriage Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The Horseless Carriage Museum is a unique, privately-owned museum specializing in pre-1914 transportation and early mechanical technology. We feature five century-old vehicles and a 1895 Sawyer & Massey steam traction engine, rare mechanical music machines and an 1890's General Store, and more. Bus and group tours welcome. Check out our website and blog for more information. (Please note: We are located midway between Bobcaygeon and Fenelon Falls on County Road 8. Please call ahead for an appointment! Open May to November .......weather permitting!
Reviewed May 9, 2014

What a spectacular place this is. I was trying to arrange a ride for our motorcycle group, the York Region Harley Owners Group (YRHOG), and was looking for an unusual, but interesting location to take everyone to. On searching the area of Fenelon Falls I found the Horseless Carriage Museum website, and was immediately interested. I contact the Bennett's and although we were going to be travelling before their regular opening date for the season (May 24th weekend is normal), the Bennett's said they would try their best to be open for us, the crappy weather we've been having this winter being the only factor. Well they pulled it off, and 20 of us arrived for the best tour of one of the best museums I've been to. An hour didn't really do the place justice, I could spend hours there and I'm sure Mr. Bennett could spend hours talking about all the items they've collected over the years, we hardly scratched the surface I'm sure. If you know you are going to be in the area call ahead and stop in for the tour, you will not be disappointed, all 20 of us were truly amazed at the collection, thank you again Mr. and Mrs. Bennett for the afternoon. Also don't forget to shop at the Olde Tyme General store on site for all homemade goodies and gifts. I for one will be back to be able to spend a little more time there.

1  Thank SlotBandit
"blown away"
"every item"
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This place is pretty cool. The owner is extremely knowledgeable on local and Canadian history. They are collectors that take thier business seriously. The collection that is ousted in Thier barn is large enough to fill a much larger viewing area. It is really neat that you can touch and feel everything and get the hands on experience. Defiantly worth a visit!

1  Thank Corrielee65
Reviewed August 4, 2013

What a super place to lose yourself. The Museum is one of the super secret places in Fenelon Falls. It will be thoroughly enjoyed by all ages.

1  Thank wingy88
Reviewed August 3, 2013

What a great time was had on this long weekend when I came across the Horseless Carriage Museum just between Bobcaygeon and Fenelon Falls.. This family run museum offers a wide diversity and variety of various displays within the building. You have you very own tour guided by the owners that show there true passion behind saving these historic items that may have been lost if not for their conscious effort to preserve Canadian history

Objects range from early transportation era like the Sawyer & Massey traction steam engine, a Stanley Steam car and to a Penny Farthing bicycle. There is a large collection of music boxes that sound wonderful to the ear.

There also is a general store that offers handmade crafts, local preserves, honey and maple syrup. So I did not leave empty handed, but full of goodies and some Canadian History along with it.

I will definitely will make a return visit to the Horseless Carriage Museum just to see what is new and also try and see what I have missed in the first visit.

Thanks again to the Bennett family for the enjoyable time spent seeing into the past.

1  Thank drewww11
See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I made an appointment for this tour; 6 family adults, all seniors with the oldest, my father, 96.
What a wonderful experience!! Excellent narration with fabulous stories and super pride in restoration and salvation of unique pieces. Older folks will definitely appreciate this museum (and even more so if they are interested in Autos, music or sewing.)
You couldn't ask for more hospitable hosts and their generousity in giving time to answer odd questions.
There is no fee, but donations are greatly appreciated and justifiably so.
We have travelled all over Canada and this one is one that should not be missed!!!

1  Thank Ron B