“good food.... thats about all”
Review of The Lake House Restaurant - CLOSED

The Lake House Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Picture the perfect cottage setting with great food, friends and ambiance. Re-create the feeling at The Lake House restaurant located in Fenelon Falls, Ontario in the heart of Kawartha Lakes’ cottage country.Open year round with extensive hours of operation, we offer our guests a memorable dining experience. With extra special features like a cozy, wood burning fireplace, an expansive deck with panoramic views of the Fenelon lift lock and garage door-style windows that bring the outside in, The Lake House is a favourite casual dining destination for local residents, boaters, snowmobilers and visitors alike.Enjoy a wide range of menu selections (from the classic to the healthy to the seasonal), regular entertainment and a great selection of wines, spirits and beer from Fenelon Fall’s longest bar. Going out for leisurely dinner, a quick lunch or a casual drink? Meet your family and friends at The Lake House.
Lindsay, Canada
“good food.... thats about all”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Food was good, service was terrible! Will not be returning if I have to. That server ruined that experience for my husband and I

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Danielle S
GraemeMiller, General Manager at The Lake House Restaurant, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't a good one. The servers who were working that day are normally fantastic, and this sounds very out of character for them. Could you send me some more information about what happened, so I can see that it never happens again. Please contact me at info@lakehousefenelon.com when you have a moment.

Thank you for your assistance and your review

Port Perry, Canada
“Good spot, good food, good view!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stopped in on Sunday with our son. Wanted to show him the locksand ended up at the Lake House for lunch. It is a great spot, nice big patio, and friendly staff. I had the turkey wrap with sweet potato fries, and hubby had the peameal sandwich. I would have preferred the wrap warm, but it was still okay cold. We will be back next time we're through!

• Visited May 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We've been to the Lakehouse in Fenelon Falls several times because of the location, but we won't go back for dinner. The food is just okay and more expensive than it should be.Also you pay extra for sp fries or a salad. It's a good spot for a beer and snack on a nice day when you can sit on the deck. The Boathouse is our new spot for dinner!

• Visited May 2012
GraemeMiller, General Manager at The Lake House Restaurant, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry that we disappointed you on this visit. We have just recently made changes to our menu and, if you are willing, I would appreciate knowing what you and your guests ordered. We have always prided ourselves on seeking out the best ingredients, as a result, our food is more expensive than most other places in town. We do charge extra for premium side dishes, and have since we opened the restaurant in 2007. We felt that rather than bury the extra costs in every meal and increase prices across the entire menu, that we would instead leave the choice of side dish upgrade to our guests.

I you would like to share your order with me, please contact me at: graeme@lakehousefenelon.com

Thanks again, and I hope to see you back!

Newmarket, Canada
“Would recommend!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Good food if a little pricey. Good portions,good food,good service.

Visited April 2012
GraemeMiller, General Manager at The Lake House Restaurant, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you for your review!

Ottawa, Canada
“Best Surprise!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were not sure what to expect with this place but WOW truly a great place to eat. The food is amazing! We all ordered something different which was great as we got to try different things. Food again was delicious! Only thing to say was service could have been better. We were a group of 8 and found that was service was rather slow and glasses often times remained empty too long. Willing to go again as the food was so great to see if perhaps it was an off night.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank rox_20015
Thank you very much for your honest review of the Lake House. I'm glad that you enjoyed the selection of dishes you ordered. I apologize for the slow service, that isn't a regular occurrence for us and I'm sure we will do much better next time. When you are in again, please say hello!

Thanks again,