“A Touch of Class”

Monique's
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Blind River
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Monique's is a newly renovated, restaurant, featuring French and Canadian cuisine.We specialize in homemade food.. Bread, and desserts. There is a private dining area that is available for group meetings, parties, or private dining for larger groups. Special international evenings, with food from different parts of the world are featured from time to time as well as live entertainment, wine tastings, scotch and beer tastings paired with food. And during the summer months Monique's features an all you can eat fish fry every Friday Night. We are also lining up several evenings of live entertainment. The atmosphere, the service and the great food makes Monique's a place to come, stay and relax while enjoying a delicious meal!
Blind River, Canada
“A Touch of Class”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I love eating at Monique's. I always feel like it gives this town a real touch of class. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I have a gluten allergy and I'm always very impressed with how well they take care of me there. The only thing that would make it better is to have a separate "Gluten Free" menu that you know has certified gluten free items on it - it just always gives someone with a gluten allergy that extra peace of mind. We've brought our kids here on occasion and they are excellent to give you ideas (off the menu) that they can prepare for them. You just have to ask. I recommend this restaurant and give it two VERY big thumbs up! Oh -- and definitely get the potato skins. To die for!

• Visited August 2014

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Nice cottage country getaway”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were at the cottage and looking for a dinner out. Monique's lived up to the TA reviews and was the best experience we've had in the area. My wife had the lamb and I had the beer battered fish. Both were quite good and wine choice and service was good as well. My only complaint was that the bartender was out and the waitress did not know how to make a martini ... at least she admitted it and didn't try to fake one out.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank GrumpieGrampy
monique b, Owner at Monique's, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
I want to say thank you for your nice review of Monique's. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience. I want to let you know that we will be teaching our waitresses how to make a martini. I am disappointed to hear that you were not accommodated in that. If you come again, please ask for a martini :)
Barrie, Canada
“Not kid friendly”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The service was Slow , ordered for for a child it was spicy all they said was that is all we have and walked way!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Angie O
monique b, Owner at Monique's, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
I would like to apologize to you, if we did not give you the best service during your recent visit to Monique's. We actually are "kid friendly" and have many items available that are not listed on the normal menu, for parents who would like to have something smaller and more simple for their children. Nothing on our menu is spicy. I would be interested to know what your child had. I will look into it and see what the problem was. The satisfaction of my customers is my number one priority and you can see from other reviews that that is what we try to do at Monique's. Please accept my apology and I hope that if you travel through again, that you will give us another chance. Ask for Monique, and we will do our best to accommodate you and your children.
“The Best in Blind River!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

If you are tired of deep fried food, the small town choice will lead you to the totally renovated, white table cloth, great food location! Delicious, healthy choices, a new spin on all the items! Specials, great desserts, coffee, beers and wines! Great catering, actually the best I have ever tasted! Everything is well presented, fresh, and as local as possible! Friday night is a fish fry! But the 3 types of fish, 2 are not battered! Great price, accompanied by coleslaw, fresh bread, potato of choice! Plus all you can eat! Dessert are fabulous! Had lemonade frozen pie! The chocolate cherry bundt, a bit bland! Huge mugs of piping hot coffee! A great selection of scotch!
Occasionally live local entertainment nights! Hats off to an innovative Chef, and friendly staff!
If you want catering, this is the place to go! Plus they have a location at the Blind River Marina! Open only until 8pm! That is a bit of a drawback! Small towns roll up the carpets early!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MASH16
Detroit, Michigan
“Great stop along the highway”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My family and I stopped at Monique's, during our travels, on our yearly family vacation. The service was very friendly and prompt. All of our meals were tasty and good. I will stop again when I travel down that stretch of highway.

• Visited July 2014