“North Shore Wayside Inn - Under New Management”

Northshore Wayside Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blind River
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“North Shore Wayside Inn - Under New Management”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We began the New Year 2013 by travelling to Blind River, and we had the opportunity to stay for 4 days, at the Northshore Wayside Inn. The experience was FANTASTIC - Its under new management, by a young couple, and they bring to it so much more ! We occupied 2 rooms at $79. each, and they were both clean and tidy. The towels, bed linen were super clean, and smelling fresh. The management and staff were very polite, and friendly. There was coffee makers provided in all rooms, and they also have a newly opened/renovated Restaurant ! A must go to place, if you are visiting Blind River, or just stopping by ! Definitely recommended to my friends, and family. I look forward to my next visit ! Thank you Northshore Wayside Inn for making this trip an enjoyable one !

Room Tip: Pets are allowed too !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Dinesh N J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here during our tour of Ontario and the lakes, and had driven far enough for the day when we checked in. For $66 the place is adequate, but scruffy. We did not fancy the restaurant at all. The bed was ok but the bedding was torn, and the towels small and thin. The room 23 was provided with minimal coffee making gear, but needed a thorough clean (particularly the floors) and re-dec, new floor tiles and some work to the plumbing. The window catch was broken, so it was difficult to open the window and the exterior was dirty and un-swept.
For us, it really was a case of "any port in a storm" and my wife summed it up with the sarcastic comment that I "take a girl to all the best places". Those we found subsequently on our motoring tour.
I would suggest that the management put some TLC into the place. It may be acceptable to workmen in the area but tourists should think twice. The state of the rooms that house guests and their pets just does not bear thinking about!

Room Tip: Look carefully to see if there is a GOOD room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

A nice family owned motel and restaurant. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and quiet. The service excellent and full of small town charm. The restaurant advertises the best fish and chips around, and we couldn't agree more. This was a great place to stop along the way!

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank Ikecollins27
London, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have stayed at the Northshore Wayside Inn many times over the past 10 years. I have seen many improvements over the years. A big bonus for me, is being able to bring my pets in the room with me. The owners are friendly and very accommodating. Any problems or queries have been addressed and taken care of - I prefer to complain to the owners first to see how they handle issues. The food has been excellent on every visit. I have food allergies and the chefs make sure my meal is "safe" for me to eat. I would recommend this motel to all my friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank J N
Reviewed August 21, 2011

we pulled in in a very bad thunderstorm the lady at the front desk was great we ate at the restaurant same lady served us food fine. we went to room clean but bed sheets very threadbare. the toilet tank ran all night we were scared to use it. the hot water tap in sink trickled therefore we thought better than having a shower.we approached the owner in the morning he said oh must have a leak somewhere i'll look at it thanks goodbye. we paid the night before in cash i thought maybe he would offer a free breakfast or a little rebate but no.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank wawa1939
Bradford
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I have stayed at the Northshore Wayside Inn many times during the last 10 years. Every time I have stayed I have noticed big improvements.
The rooms have mostly been updated, have stayed in many, the beds are comfortable and rooms are very clean. They are one of the only hotels to accept pets, this is important to me my pet is a big part of our family and goes with us everywhere!
The town is very small and doesn't have very much to do or dinner choises. However the resturant at the Wayside Inn has the best food and value for the price you pay. They have the best and biggest order of fish'n'chips I've ever seen, it blow me away, best meals have came from there, and this is partly why I make this my home when I have to travel through northern Canada, looking forward to another stop off in the Northshore this summer.
I recommend this hotel to anyone passing through, I may be a little older but compared to your other options in Blind River you will not go wrong getting some rest and great food at the lowest prices in the town!
The staff are very friendly and helpfull and over the years have become friends, what more could you ask for in a motel in the middle of no where, happy traveling!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank guk72
Bay Roberts, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We stayed here in October 2009 as pet friendly options in Blind River seem limited.

Where to start?? Carpeting that is 10 years past need of replacing, worn and very dirty, broken furniture, a room phone that they knew didn't work, towels that you can see through, musty smelling room, no heat in the room for hours, not opening the office until 11:00 AM making it impossible to get c.c. receipts on check-out if you want an early start. What else?? Onsite restaurant doesn't open until 11 AM so no brekky here, didn't have draft beer as advertised on the web-site during dinner service, food was mediocre (pierogies were ok), tv remote held together with duct-tape and, believe it or not, it STILL didn't function most of the time.

But they ARE pet friendly...for a fee.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Algoma Mills
Village Inn Motel
Village Inn Motel
#1 of 1 in Iron Bridge

Been to Northshore Wayside Inn? Share your experiences!