“Clean, Quiet and loved the view”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Mill Motel

Old Mill Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blind River
Michigamme
“Clean, Quiet and loved the view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

The rooms were comfortable and quiet. In-room coffee, fridge and satelite TV. The high speed internet wasn't very good. Hard to stay connected and at some points unable to connect at all. The river and the lake views were nice. Very quiet area. Enjoyed sitting on the back deck and watching the geese and ducks in the river. Was able to walk to Tim Horton's and local restaurants. This is a pet friendly motel saw many customers with dogs. They have all types of rooms single, double, suites and kitchenetts. Was concerned based on past reviews I read on trip advisor but my colleague said lets be adventurous. Glad we did.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Dcox726

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

The hallway carpeting was old, and badly stained. The rooms were small, outdated and had a musty smell. There have been some improvements in the property recently, such as new windows and air conditioners, but there is still much room for improvement.

The wi-fi signal was weak, and couldn't connect inside the room, but did work if we sat outside our room on a picnic table.

The location is the best feature with a small sandy beach and a view of a small harbor with fishing boats.

If the owner would improve the place a bit, he could have a great motel, but until he does, I'd recommend the Lakeview Motel. The rooms are nicely kept and the on-site restaurant is very good.

See the attached pictures taken in July 2010

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelBuddy536

Travelers are raving about these Blind River hotels

Sault Ste. Marie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

My co-workers and I stayed in Blind River for a night after golfing at the local golf course (which was just a blast). We were not golfers but had a great time. We stayed at the Old Mill Motel and It was just lovely. The rooms are very clean and the service was excellent. It is a very simple motel not fancy but very nice, perfect for what we needed. The room had a frige and a microwave in it. I have stayed at alot of hotels/motels with work and I know that you have to ask in advance for a fridge and sometimes pay extra. Not the case here it was just part of our room. The view was just beautiful we enjoyed our coffee first thing in the morning outside looking over the water. It was great little mini vacation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank golferchick8
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

Visited this place on the way and had awesome experience once again and this time they had new linen and so clean room as it was last time. Had a peaceful sleep as earlier. As i visited this place in spring time now and it was much more beautiful then winter time as I am a great fan of green hence it was amazing. In the afternoon, as they had a bicycle so i went on a bicycle trip. In short it was amazing experience same as i had previously.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank TorontoHeaven
Toronto, ON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

This motel which is located right next to the railway tracks makes you feel as if you are sleeping on the railway platform. Having overcome the smell of the old room and smelly old linens, I'd just gone to sleep when I was suddenly jerked out the sleep by a railway engines whistle & rumbling of the train. This continued throughout the night.
Finally I got to sleep only for an hour in the wee hours in morning. While checking out the rude front desk person took almost 1.5 hours to check me out which delayed me for my appointment in Sudbury. This motel needs renovation and needs prompt service.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank kanuckonroad
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

I stopped one night in Blind River on my way to Toronto. I was pleaseantly surprised by the service and the quality of the rooms. They were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The surprise came in the morning when I walked out of my room to a breath taking view of Lake Huron.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank nmsCalifornia
sudbury, on
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

Stayed with my wife for a couple nights. For around 80 bucks/night this motel provides just the very basic necessities. Linens & beddings had old & rotten smell. When I brought this up with the owner, he blatantly disagreed & said that it wasn't possible. I even noticed bugs in the toilet & around the sink area. The only cool think was a small sandy beach in the vicinity. For the cost I bore, I would look around for a better motel next time. This was my second stay at old mill motel, & I must say that I was utterly disappointed by their standards & by the owners attitude. I would try Auberge Eldo Inn next time since my colleagues have recommended that.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Iron Bridge
MacIver's Motel & Campground
MacIver's Motel & Campground
#1 of 1 in Blind River

Been to Old Mill Motel? Share your experiences!