“Simply Amazing!”

Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn
Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I work for an Organization where I travel all over the province, and stay in countless Hotels throughout the year. When I arrived in Iroquois Falls I wasn't sure what to expect....

Simply Amazing! The Guest Inn is one of, if not, the best Hotel I have stayed in all year. The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The beds are as comfortable as DeerHurst (Yes, where Obama stayed for the G20 event), and the overall comfort of the rooms is impressive.

Not only would I recommend this Inn to anyone in the area, but as a destination that people should seek out to visit a beautiful Northern scenic landscape!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt L

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had a great stay at both the guest house and the hotel! The guest House is located within the residential area of town and is about 75 - 100 year old home with lots of the original charm. It has three bedroom and would be suitable for a small family. The staff was friendly and helped me find my way around the area, even recommended places to eat in neighbouring communities. I enjoyed my stay all three times I have visited.

Room Tip: The rooms are very much the same but book early because it's always full!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed there for a week and had absolutely zero issues. Scott and Kelly were very accommodating to me and my dog. The room was spotless and the cleaning staff very friendly and professional. It only had 12 or so rooms so even when it was fully booked noise was never as issue. The breakfast is coffee and muffins only but it was still a nice start to the day. There arent many places to eat in the area after 6pm with the exception of Subway which is right across the street or Tim Hortons about 10 min walk away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CanadaAllOver
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise in a small town. It offers a spacious, clean and comfortable room. The staff were very nice and helpful. We came into town for a hockey game and were going to travel back to Timmins for a room. We decided to check out the Auberge and so glad we did. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Back for a summer visit in the area and without hesitation had reservations for Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn. As expected same clean comfortable location, friendly helpful staff. The owners went out of their way to be sure we had the right type of room for our needs as husband needs some accessibility.. I have COPD and no reactions if any pets have been in the area, kept too clean to notice. No need to travel to Cochrane for room with this kind of hospitality. Thanks Kelly and Scott you are the best thing that hit Iroquois Falls area in a long time.

Room Tip: Nice Gazebo in the yard for enjoying the summer evenings with a Tim Hortons.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louanne M
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is our 4th visit staying with the McDonalds.. First visit was at the Guest House. great idea if you are in town with family for more than a couple of days. The last 3 visits have been to the Guest Inn as there are no stairs for my husband. We come back to my home town every year and are so pleased to have a comfortable, safe, clean and friendly place to stay right in town. The big suite allows us have guests over to visit. Keep up the great job Kelly & Scott !!!! We recommend this Inn to all of our out of town relativesfriends visiting Iroquois Falls area.

Room Tip: Large Suite 100 great for entertaining a few friends while in town
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louanne M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A fairly decent motel, a bit better than a Motel 6. I found the heating in the room to be annoyingly loud all night. Also, would have liked a full length mirror somewhere. Pets allowed in the common areas so skip it if you are allergic.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn? Share your experiences!