“Home Town feeling”

Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn
Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Back for a summer visit in the area and without hesitation had reservations for Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn. As expected same clean comfortable location, friendly helpful staff. The owners went out of their way to be sure we had the right type of room for our needs as husband needs some accessibility.. I have COPD and no reactions if any pets have been in the area, kept too clean to notice. No need to travel to Cochrane for room with this kind of hospitality. Thanks Kelly and Scott you are the best thing that hit Iroquois Falls area in a long time.

Room Tip: Nice Gazebo in the yard for enjoying the summer evenings with a Tim Hortons.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louanne M

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is our 4th visit staying with the McDonalds.. First visit was at the Guest House. great idea if you are in town with family for more than a couple of days. The last 3 visits have been to the Guest Inn as there are no stairs for my husband. We come back to my home town every year and are so pleased to have a comfortable, safe, clean and friendly place to stay right in town. The big suite allows us have guests over to visit. Keep up the great job Kelly & Scott !!!! We recommend this Inn to all of our out of town relativesfriends visiting Iroquois Falls area.

Room Tip: Large Suite 100 great for entertaining a few friends while in town
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louanne M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A fairly decent motel, a bit better than a Motel 6. I found the heating in the room to be annoyingly loud all night. Also, would have liked a full length mirror somewhere. Pets allowed in the common areas so skip it if you are allergic.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here a night with my partner at the time...though I live in town, he was allergic to cats, and I have 3. I phoned ahead and made a reservation directly with the owner Kelly (via her husband Scott). Kelly was very polite and kind, as well as offering me some much appreciated 'perks'. Check in was a breeze as we were expected. We received our key and were off down the hall. Our room was breathtaking. Though this is a new facility I did not expect this kind of luxury! We had a huge king sized bed that I almost needed a ladder to get up onto because it was so thick! Wireless internet was free and much appreciated, though not needed because the large flat screen tv and satellite television were great but the most amazing part was the jacuzzi tub right in the room :) What a nice touch to a romantic evening for 2 that was! After a sleep in a chamber fit for Kings we awoke to a lovely and very welcome continental breakfast of pastry and coffee. Many thanks to Kelly and Scott, you and your facility makes our little town proud :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chillin_61
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My fiancé and I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions (he even proposed to me in it!) and have always been extremely satisfied. The rooms are clean and well furnished, as well as equipped with modern amenities. The best part, however, are the heated floor-tiles in the washroom. Absolutely amazing (especially in the wintertime). We'll be spending a night or two again when we visit the North for Christmas this year. Cannot wait! :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed there 2 weeks. Staff was very friendly and rooms was big and clean. Breakfast only coffee and muffin but it doesn't matter because Subway is located just across street. It is only hotel in town.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We spent the night last night after a very long drive and we were pleasantly surprised. I did call and make a reservation because we were going to be arriving late. Angie was very funny and friendly on the phone. The rooms were clean, smelled nice, the bed was awesome..pillows were really nice too! Pantene shampoo AND conditioner were an amenity so I was very pleased to see conditioner was included and not just the combo kind you usually get. The owner, Kelly, was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel in a heartbeat. We didn't have the coffee and muffins so I can't really say how they are.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn? Share your experiences!