Olive Tree Hill
$350
$328
Orbitz.com
L'Ottava Hotel(Monte Compatri)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Breakfast included
Albergo Paradiso(Monte Compatri)
Hotel Rocchi(Valmontone)
  • Restaurant
Villa Vecchia Hotel(Monte Porzio Catone)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsivano and tehriil colleother guestsvisiting romegreat hostsitalian culturebed and breakfastsurrounding areawonderful experiencehighlight of our tripyogurtmade us feelbeautiful countrysidedelicious foodnight tour of romehome madevilla d'este
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Recently, my wife and I had the good fortune to spend five nights at Olive Tree Hill. The Hosts (Ivano and Tehri) were fantastic and we also met some other guests who helped make our stay a happy one. Of course as a B&B you get breakfast. However, it also possible to arrange to dine at night and Ivano's cooking makes it well worthwhile.

Ivano and Tehri know all about an array of places to visit that are both interesting and largely unfettered by loads of tourists. THey can even arrange to transport you to these sites.

Our only concern is that it is extremely difficult to find "Olive Tree Hill" in Trip Advisor. Inserting B&B s in Lazio Italy does not locate it. (You get a whole lot of B&Bs in Rome) I found it easier to use Google and inserted "Looking for a place to stay outside Rome" in the search engine.

I hope this is not indicative of other good places that could be missed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rayhirst
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I returned for my fifth stay with Ivano and Tehri. This time I was with my daughter. This is a beautiful B&B with Ivano and Terhi being the perfect hosts. This is a lovely spot to use a base to visit Rome or the many towns closeby. The town of Zagarolo is within easy walking distance and is really beautiful. Ivano provides a plentiful breakfast and cooks up a lovely dinner most nights. The rooms are lovely and beds are comfortable. After being advised by Ivano numerous times to see the Roman Forum, I finally did it this time. I would very highly recommend a guided tour of the Forum, it was a real highlight of my trip. If you stay at Il Colle Degli Ulivi you'll leave with no regrets.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CricketUmpire
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My fiance & I spent 4 nights here during a 10 day vacation to Italy. Ivano & his wife Tsurrounding Myighlight of Olive Tree Hill. The location is a bit difficult to find, but the directions on their website are accurate, so be sure to print them out, even if you have a GPS.

Upon arrival, Ivano welcomed us & asked us to meet him for a "welcome drink" in an hour. He gave us a comprehensive rundown of many things to do in the area, inside of Rome & out. He grew up in Rome, is very knowledgeable & loves the area.

In addition to the room, we paid for 2 additional things that Ivano offered.

1: Dinner. The food was excellent. My fiance & I are vegetarian, and Ivano cooked up a delicious multi-course meal for us (and the other 2 guests who ate with us) that everyone loved.

2: Night tour of Rome. This tour cost 65 euros per person & was worth every cent. Ivano drove us 20-25min into Rome around midnight & showed us the Colosseum, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps & more with almost no other tourists. To stand at the entrance to the Pantheon alone is incredible. It would've taken us a full day (at least) to do the same on our own.

One downside: The 25 min train to get into Rome eats up time. However, Ivano makes this as easy as possible by providing a small paper with all of the train times between Rome & the station near Olive Tree Hill (Zagarolo). He gave us rides to the station (1.5km away) whenever we asked. And he even went above & beyond one evening - He showed up at the Zagarolo train station to pick my fiance & I up even though we never texted him to ask (texts are expensive in Rome when you have a US phone). He realized it was late, my fiance & I weren't home yet & there was only one more train coming in that evening. So he came to the station & got us without us even asking, which saved us from having to walk the 1.5km from the station to the B&B. So nice!

Also, the 2 cats & 1 dog that Ivano had made my fiance very happy. She loves animals & they were super friendly. If you're allergic, don't worry. They're not allowed in the rooms or the common rooms.

I would highly recommend Olive Tree Hill to anyone looking to visit & enjoy Rome & the surrounding areas.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in July 2013 and were made so welcome by Ivano and Teri that we didn't really want to leave. It is such a great location for visiting Rome and the other areas outside Rome. It only takes 20 minutes for the local station and you are in Rome. Ivano or Teri will drive you to the local station and will pick you up. If you want to walk it will only take 20/30 minutes but in the heat of the July sun it was great to be driven and picked up. The rooms are lovely and comfortable, breakfast is great and Ivano is a great cook. We choose to eat in for two of our nights and the food was excellent (cooked by Ivano) and so was the company; made up of Ivano, Teri, their two girls and other guests. We also took the night tour (and yes it is a night tour midnight to 5:30 am) of Rome that Ivano offers. It was soooo good. You get to actually see the main sites without thousands of other people blocking your view. Ivano is a great guide, so knowledgeable and points out things that you would miss if on your own. We are traveling in Europe for 6 months and this stay, this family and the night tour will be one of our top highlights. Thank you so much for a fantastic stay - we would never stay anyway else when in Rome and the surrounded area. And do take Ivano's advice they are other lovely places outside of Rome to to visit e.g Tivilo and the villas.

Room Tip: Just stay here and enjoy - the number of repeat visitors can not be wrong
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed in Olive Tree Hill B&B in June 2013 for a week on the strength of the other reviews on here and wasn't disappointed.

Ivano and Teri are great hosts and their local knowledge is extremely helpful - whether it Rome itself, or other places in the area to visit, and nothing is too much trouble.

The local train service to Rome Termini is excellent and cheap - 2.60 Euros either way and eirther Ivano or Teri will take you to and pick you from the station. It's only a twenty minute walk if you fancy the exercise!

If you have time there are plenty of other places to visit in the area in addition to Rome itself - Tivoli in particular is only an hour or so away by train or bus - and the Villa D'este in Tivoli is not to be missed.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo