All reviews ivano and tehri il colle other guests wonderful hosts visiting rome italian culture train station local area bed and breakfast b bs highlight of our trip surrounding area wonderful experience made us feel amalfi coast yogurt night tour of rome
Reviewed December 15, 2007

We only stayed 2 nights with Ivano and Terhi and I wish we could have stayed longer! We had an amazing time. Their hospitality and food were great! This is a trip we will never forget and plan to go back and bring our kids with us. The town of Zagarolo is charming. You must walk there! Just a great time! Thanks Tehri and Ivano! ~ Melissa and Chuck

2  Thank arphotography
Reviewed December 10, 2007

We stayed here the last night of our trip to Rome. We went for three weeks to Europe for our honeymoon. What a perfect way to end our trip. It was so relaxing and Ivano was so welcoming and made us feel right at home.

He showed us around Zagarolo and I can't wait to visit next time I go to Italy. It such a beautiful town with great food. Ivano took us to this delicious Italian Restaurant and stayed with us until we ordered so he could read the menu to us since it was in Italian.

The cottage we stayed in was perfect and the grounds are so relaxing! See the pictures below. For those of you worried about the distance into Rome Centre. The train station is very close and it is only about a 20 minute train ride. Well worth it for peace and quiet after you have visited the sites.

Ivano made us a delicious breakfast the morning before we left and drove us to the airport. We couldn't have asked for a better way to end our vacation. We wished we would have stayed longer!

Date of stay: June 2007
3  Thank FLGoddesss
Reviewed December 9, 2007

It's impossible to put into words what an amazing experience we had at Il Colle degli Ulivi. We were there for the last four nights of our honeymoon. We were glad it was the last place we stayed because Ivano and Tehri set a standard so high, we would have been disappointed anywhere else!

From the moment we arrived, Tehri and Ivano made us feel at home. We've never experienced hospitality such as theirs - there was nothing they wouldn't do for their guests. They go above and beyond "above and beyond" with their generosity and tireless passion in making sure each guest has a fantastic experience (with them and in Rome).

If you are at all concerned about staying outside of the city center of Rome, don't be! It was very easy to get back and forth between Zagarolo and Rome. Ivano took us to and picked us up from the train station. The cost of the train was covered by the Roma Pass (which Ivano had available for us when we arrived - we would highly recommend getting one - it's very valuable!). The most wonderful part about it was that, after spending the day in the hustle-bustle of Rome, we got to go back to our quaint, quiet B&B to enjoy dinner with Ivano and Tehri!

We love to try new restaurants when we travel, but we ONLY wanted to eat dinner at Tehri and Ivano's. They are wonderful cooks! And they use many ingredients that they grow themselves (olives, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, etc). The meals were very generous - 3-4 courses with wine and after-dinner drinks - but the best part was eating with Tehri and Ivano. It truly felt like we were with friends.

Staying with them feels like a dream now that we are home, but we promise we will be back. I'm going to take Ivano up on a promise he made: that he'll make me the best Amatriciana I've ever had!!!

Thank you for the highlight of our honeymoon!

Landi and Josh

Reviewed November 27, 2007

There is little that I can add to such a long list of glowing reports about Il Colle degli Ulive and about Ivano and Tehri. They are both truly Angels and their little house and cottage are truly perched in a little piece of heaven. The services that they provide are unequaled by any other B&B. The food that they prepare is better than a Michelin star restaurant. The cottage is delightful with lovely touches of Scandinavia mixed among the Italian. The cottage is quiet, the bed is cozy and we slept like babies. It is furnished lovingly with all sorts of little extras--even cards if you ever have the time to play games! Tehri and Ivano go out of their way to try to adjust their schedule to yours. They both speak English exceptionally well so communication is never a problem. They take the time to find out what you like and dislike, where you would like to go,what you would like to eat,when you would like to eat and so much more.
They surprised me more than once on our recent stay there. Ivano surprised us by meeting us at the train station in Rome,; he surprised me by letting me meet some very special TA forum members while there;he surprised me by really "knowing" what would make me happy and taking me to Mount Subiaco. I will be eternally grateful to him for all of that and more. Tehri is just as sweet as any human being could possibly be. She is very nurturing,very much into nature,very intelligent,very hard-working, just a pure joy to be around. I always felt myself wanting to smile when she walked into the room. They both work exceedingly hard to make their home into an ideal vacation spot for all their guests. And they have achieved that goal. It is no longer a surprise to me that they have reached number one on the list of B&Bs. I read so many reviews of their B&B before we went to Zagarolo, but always I kept thinking that it couldn't possibly be THAT good. Now I know. It is every bit that good and even more. Our stay in Zagarolo was the icing on the cake for our lovely journey through Italy. If there really are Angels that live on earth, then they can definitely be counted among them.
Did I mention that they have cats? Beautiful cats that are well behaved , too !! They actually follow orders and I am sure that on numerous occasions I watched the cats talking to each other!! I think it is because they also know that they are among Angels.
Thank you Tehri and Ivano for absolutely everything. Words cannot express our gratitude and love for you. Our time in your home has surpassed all my highest expectations.You both have made me want to become a better person and be able to touch someone else's heart the way that you have touched mine. You will always remain in our hearts and hopefully we will be able to return to you and Zagarolo soon. Thank you. Mille grazie.
P.S.
One can only rate up to "excellent" on this review. Il Colle degli Ulive and Tehri and Ivano should get a much higher rating than that. They are far better than excellent.

5  Thank wittyone
Reviewed November 26, 2007

This was a wonderful base because Ivano and Tehri are so incredibly hospitable. They have a knack of making guests feel like old friends, and they go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your visit. The home made local foods at breakfast and dinner are excellent, and are made even more enjoyable by their enthusiasm for the local area, and their desire to share their extensive knowledge. We were on a self-guided cycling holiday and we stayed there three times, two nights each time, leaving our bikes and/or bike bags there between visits. It was great to have people who we knew we could rely on to look after our stuff and who we could call on in case of need. It is a particularly good place to start your holiday because you can be assured of a warm welcome after a long flight, and can get individual, informed and thoughtful advice on how to get the most out of your holiday.
Glen and Margaret,