“Good memories about Italian people with staying there”

WIKI Hostel & GreenVillage
“Good memories about Italian people with staying there”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

It was my first visit in Italy. I could remember my first impression about Italy as a WIKI hostel, not as a Rome. The staffs were VERY VERY friendly and kind. They teach my wife how to make spaghetti. We cook and enjoy dinner together.

It was a little bit far from Rome (30 minutes by train) but worth staying there! If I visit near Rome again, I will be in this hostel again ABSOLUTELY! I miss Matteo and Agnes. :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
wikihostel, Guest Relations Manager at WIKI Hostel & GreenVillage, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear friends, tks for sharing your #wikiexperience. We really need feddback from our guests about our concept, offer of hospitality and the works of our Wiki hostel's crew. Yes we remember good about you, and also we thank you so much for sharing all the infos about your country, and your fish dinner too. Since we met you we are asking to all guests that like it to have a jumpshot with us! And also for all the reasons you have explained to us : now we know italians and koreans are really much closer than we could immagine :)
a big big Ciao from Italy from all of our Wiki crew , we hope to see you again someday, good luck !
Ulia, Luca, Matteo, Simo, Marta, Ross, Agnese, Alessia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had an amazing time at Wikihostel. Marta looked after me so well, and even arranged for a local guide to show me the sights of Rome and Palestrina. The staff were soo friendly, and the accomodation was very comfortable! It was great having access to the kitchen, and I know that I'll definately be back!

It's such a beautiful property, and it was so great to make the quick trip out of the crazyness of Rome each evening. I looked forward each night to getting back to Marta to tell her about my adventures and plan for the next day with her!

This is the hostel for you!

Buon Viaggio!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear friend&guest, tks for your review and sharing your experience to us and other guests. Our crew try to improve more and moer so really we need the feedbacks to our work, and when we got feedback as your we really feel more and more motivated. We hope you can be back in the next someday, may be on summer time so to enjoy a totally different experience of Italy, rome and also Wiki hostel. Thank you very much for choosing us and a big Ciao to you and your far far beautifull country ;) Wiki Hostel crew, Ulia, Luca, Marta, simo, Matteo, Agne, Ale, Ross
.. and alo from the Wiki's cats and kittens :D
Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I read plenty of reviews of this hostel before I booked it - they were all so positive...and now I've stayed there, I know why. I agree with all of them and have only positive things to say in my own review. After arriving off the ferry from Sardinia, a journey which I found severely lacking in the information/organisation department, it was such a pleasure to arrive at Zagarolo, be collected by Mohammed within 5 minutes and be welcomed by Matteo and given all the information I needed in such a friendly and helpful way. I was in a single room and had use of the hostel kitchen as it was very quiet when I stayed. How fantastic to be provided with oil, vinegar and all the basics for making a meal, I come across that rarely in a hostel. The room was clean, comfortable and well cared for during my stay and the private bathroom was excellent too. The breakfast -available from 5am-12pm- was great, including lovely fresh bread and a chocolate croissant. Excellent facilities, computers, book-swap etc all much appreciated. Most of my Rome plans went wrong but my everything about my stay at Wiki was very right. Love the greenness of the place - even in November! Matteo's recommendation to visit the Zagarolo farmers market on the Sunday was a top moment, authentic local produce, meeting the producers and tasting delicious foods - a much nicer place to spend my few tourist euros than anywhere in Rome!! Ca't speak highly enough of it really, the actaul place, the facilities, the services and the customer service, top top top. I don't think I'd choose to stay here in the high season simply because I'm not looking for the backpacker/travelling experience - I'm too old for that!! But it met all of my needs and I'm very thankful to the staff for their care and kindness - and I hope they win awards again this year, they deserve to!

Room Tip: Private rooms are in the outside complex, by the pool etc - quiet in November but perhaps not in hig...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked a private two bed room with ensuite, and were put in a huge private room with three single bunks and one double. The ensuite was more like a hotel bathroom than a hostel one- spacious and with nice fittings and a decent, enclosed shower.

The staff were lovely and happy to talk us through the best way to see Rome in a day, or recommend local restaurants. It was my fiancee's birthday on the day we were checking out, and they brought him a croissant with a lit candle in it while we were sitting on the couches planning the next drive. Awww.

30 minute train ride to central rome. Free parking at the hostel. Free shuttle was handy, but the 20 minutes walk back from the train station to the hostel is quite nice and a good way to unwind after a strenuous day battling with other tourists.

And the best part- there are lots of cats outside who will let you pat them if you want to, but won't harass you.

Would recommend, and would stay again.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, bring ear plugs or ask for a quiet room as the walls to our room were...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RachelAnne90
Strachur, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is my fourth visit to Wiki and my partner and I are already planning to return next year. The hostel is clean, comfortable and well-equipped but the main attraction is the wonderful staff and the atmosphere there. They really put in the effort to ensure that your needs are met and that you feel at home. The hostel is situated about 30 minutes train journey from Rome Termini (a regular service) and if you phone the hostel they'll come down and pick you up for free. The hostel itself has a variety of rooms, a breakfast/dining room, a bar overlooking the extensive gardens, a small pool and an outside dining area. Good value and tasty meals are also served so you can eat well and inexpensively at the hostel if you're trying to save money. Zagarolo itself is a lovely little town - particularly the historical centre (furthest from the hostel) - where there are a variety of places to eat out. Be warned though - many people in Zagarolo don't speak English (though the hostel staff are fluent) so it may help if you take a dictionary along.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is my 2nd visit to Wiki and it won't be the last. It's a great location for touring Rome and even further afield, and Zagarolo itself is a charming small town (city actually). The hostel is comfortable and well equipped, but it's the staff that are it's best asset, very friendly and very obliging. Can't recommend it enough.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dartmouth
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nice staff! Very helpful! A lot of fun there! I Will certainly return! The hostel is very clean and the Room get a lot of place! There are big lockers to put all your Stuff in! The free shuttle is a very good thing! I recommand this hostel!

Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zagarolo
Tenuta Cusmano
#1 of 4 in Grottaferrata
Villa Mercede
#1 of 14 in Frascati
Esquilino
Alessandro Downtown Hostel

Been to WIKI Hostel & GreenVillage? Share your experiences!