We recently attended my brothers wedding which took place at WindleStraw Lodge and we had the priviledge to stay for two nights. The venue is warm and welcoming and the hosts make you feel really at home. The food served is out of this world and the views from every window were superb! I could not fault anything during our stay and nothing seemed too much trouble to the two hosts/proprietors. I would thoroughly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a relaxing and enjoyable break or to celebrate a special occassion ranging from a wedding to a birthday or an anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique getaway destination close to Edinburgh but in the heart of the beautiful Border countryside with outstanding views of the River Tweed and Tweed Valley. Relax and enjoy the splendour and location of this beautiful Edwardian Manor house, combined with superb food, fine wines and relaxed but professional hospitality from owners John and Sylvia Matthews ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Windlestraw Lodge Scottish Borders Hotel Walkerburn
- Windlestraw Hotel Walkerburn
- Windlestraw Walkerburn, Scotland - Scottish Borders