“Excellent friendly pub”

The Anglers Rest
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went there for dinner with family. Staff / owners were so friendly, great local ales and bitters, food was excellent no nonsense pie fare. After dinner the owner introduced the kids to her dogs and allowed them to select a book from her book sale. Excellent value for money

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Whether driving or walking its well worth stopping for a pint at the Anglers Rest. I can't comment on the coffee as others have but then I would never judge a pub by its coffee! A fine range of LocAles at good prices shows the owners support the local brewers as well as one or two nationals for those looking for something more standard. Although we didn't eat, so I can't comment on the food like others, the owners were friendly, had time for a chat and served a fine pint. The fire was warm and welcoming so I disagree with many of the earlier comments, after all a pub that wins CAMRA awards must be worth a try.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Horrible little pub. Went there for a cup of tea and was met with a dirty, depressing room. Coffee was awful. Staff unbelievably sour and rude. Avoid this place at all costs, would give it 0 if I could.

7  Thank JohnBrown68
Reviewed November 13, 2012

After a lovely walk in Millers Dale we enjoyed a drink in the bar where boots and dogs are allowed. As trout, one of my favourite meals was on the menu we booked a table in the restaurant for my birthday celebration.We expected the restaurant to be quite smart because the sign on the door said 'No boots or dogs'. On entering the restaurant we were surprised to see the owners dog sitting in a basket so we went through to a not very inviting second room dominated by a large fish tank. The trout when it arrived was quite small, the head and tail had been removed and it had no skin.The waitress explained that it had stuck to the pan! I was a bit amazed because trout was on their main menu and I thought it would be one of their specialities, the pub is called The Anglers Rest and it is by a trout stream. It was in fact the worst trout I have ever eaten, I should have sent it back. As the other meals were also disappointing we wished we had eaten out in Tideswell where there are several pleasant pubs.

2  Thank bluefinch3
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Good place to have a drink after a walk. Nothing fancy, just honest food.They don't mind muddy boots in the bar and dogs are welcome in the bar too. Food piping hot and hearty. Excellent guest beers.